NOA2309 Program Manager
I.M. Systems Group, Inc., IMSG, (www.imsg.com), is a science-based company providing professional scientific and technical support to the Federal government. IMSG is seeking to hire a highly qualified Program Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations and management of contracts. This position will also contribute to IMSG business development and proposal writing. This position is located in Rockville, MD with possible travel. Remote work will be accommodated, with the exception of regular site visits to client sites. Our ideal candidate will have a scientific background with a strong interest in a business management career. The individual must have excellent written communication skills and be able to work well with scientists, managers, administrative personnel, and high-executive professionals. Applications for both part-time and full-time employment will be considered with the emphasis on applicant’s credentials.
REPONSIBILITIES (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for directing programs and managing employees at one or more customer locations.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of the contract, including hiring selection, and supervision of assigned personnel.
- Serve as central point of communication between employees, prime government clients, subcontractors, and corporate office to develop and review program plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Assist in proposal writing and business development (as applicable), with particular focus on technical, scientific writing, and management plans.
- Direct the efforts of administrative and professional support staff carrying out tasks necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate tasks and review work products for completeness and adherence to customer standards.
- Responds to employee issues/questions on company and client procedures.
- Works closely with HR, Accounting, and Contracts to maintain project deadlines and requirements.
- Establish and maintain routine procedures for distributing program information and documentation.
- Minimum of a master’s degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
- 6-10 years of program management experience.
- Experience supervising teams of 10 or more employees.
- Experience directly supporting a government client both on and off site.
- Experience with Federal agencies such as NOAA, NASA, USGS, FAA, USDA, DOE, DOD, etc.
- Strong business development acumen is highly desired.
- Experience with proposal writing is highly desired.
- Knowledge in environmental intelligence capability needs, including but not limited to weather, water, climate, environmental satellites, and related science, software, system engineering, application, as well as other IT and programmatic areas.
- Familiarity with federal government contracting, task performance, task management is highly desired.
- Skillful in using reporting and analytical tools such as MS production suite, SmartSheet, or similar, to clearly communicate ideas, processes, and outcome.
- An outgoing and friendly personality with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish rapport with people.
- Excellent communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify
(US Citizen must live in US for 3-5 years prior to application)
(please indicate in your cover letter).
Please apply online at IM Systems Group, Inc. | Current Opportunities
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran and Disability friendly.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
IM Systems GroupRockville, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.