NOAA Program Manager
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
IMSolutions is looking for a strategic Program Manager to join our Front-Line Leadership Team within our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) contract.
This position is 100% remote.
As a Program Manager (PM), you will have a critical role in delivering our next phase of growth with contracted service delivery and client satisfaction via tracking, monitoring, reporting, standardizing, and overseeing project cost, schedule, and performance measures in a dynamic environment. You will set the overall approach and work plan; the PM is also responsible for team supervision and engagement and serves as the IMS point of contact with the government. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in the complete acquisition lifecycle and will serve as the technical champion for projects; responsible for the day-to-day administrative and technical management of a government contract to ensure that services are meeting and exceeding contractual standards.
Who We Are:
IMSolutions is a rapidly growing economically disadvantaged woman-owned, veteran owned Virginia-based management consulting company. We specialize in providing innovative and cost-competitive business and program management solutions to our clients across the public sector. Primarily, our support encompasses assisting clients in acquiring mission critical capabilities; including developing holistic program strategies for successfully inserting technologies to achieve material solutions efficiently and expeditiously.
At IMSolutions, we provide our employees with the opportunity to be a part of something unique by providing a culture, atmosphere, and the resources that will challenge you to grow your career, be recognized for your ideas, and rewarded for your dedication to excellence. IMSolutions offers challenging opportunities that will help you reach your potential and achieve your professional aspirations.
What You Will Do:
- Strategize, define, organize, and support the overall work plan and project performance to meet program objectives.
- Develop close relationships with client leadership including government's Project Officer, Contracting Officer, and Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) to provide proactive support resulting in Above Average/Excellent CPARS.
- Coordinate and monitor the work standards, scheduling, pricing, reporting, and technical performance of the contract; ensuring appropriate feedback mechanisms to optimize ongoing performance and continual improvement.
- Work closely with human resources to ensure project is fully staffed with resources that ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Liaise and function as a strategic advisor to a government Project Officer and/or Contracting Officer Representative (PO/COR).
- Work closely with the IMS Project Management Office (PMO) to leverage program management support for invoicing, tracking, staffing, and other administrative activities required to ensure effective administrative and technical delivery for programs.
- Work with the Director of Contracts on negotiation and execution of contracts, contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Provide supervision and guidance for all personnel assigned to support the contract by ensuring all staff are aware of relevant policies, procedures, and program goals and monitor the work to ensure quality and follow-through.
- Review employees' work that the government has identified as unacceptable and conduct remedial training, as necessary.
- Provide guidance on Acquisition approaches to employees working on complex requirements.
- Prepare monthly status progress reports (MSPR), and Contractor Assignment Reporting Platform (CARP) reports.
- Lead weekly program update meetings to the government and conduct team meetings, as appropriate.
- Coach and develop deputy program manager and work with the deputy to coach and develop supervisors and team leads.
- Along with HR be responsible for leading and implementing staff engagement and development activities within their program.
- Ensure relevant IMS corporate updates are provided to program team and facilitate communication between corporate and the project team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least ten years of work experience:
- awarding and administering diverse types of Federal contracts,
- identifying user requirements and translating the requirements into project plans and milestones,
- directing and implementing plans, and
- presenting formal project status/plan briefings to project sponsors.
- Experience in implementing process improvement initiatives within organizations is strongly preferred.
- Experience as a supervisor in required.
- U.S. Citizen or Foreign National with work permit and residing in the U.S. for three or more years.
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent is HIGHLY desired.
Skills That Are Important:
- Deep understanding of performance management techniques and approaches, and project control principles.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- The ability to practice cohesive leadership and vision to successfully meet program deliverables.
- The ability and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally and use common resources.
- An understanding of taking appropriate risks and leveraging lessons learned.
What You Will Love About Us!
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- Collaborative remote work environment.
- We offer competitive compensation with outstanding medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k with match.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We, at IMS, are dedicated to the mission of developing a world-class organization where the right people provide the right solutions to our clients at the right time; this is what lights our path to growth. All employees play an important part in supporting our strategies and are connected to something bigger than themselves. We know that great work comes from inclusive teams. At IMS, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and helps us all grow as individuals. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. At the time of its initial listing, contractors must indicate that they are a federal contractor that desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings.
Base Compensation Range:
Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location.
IMS is an E-Verify Employer.
IM Solutions LLC
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at IM Solutions LLC
Get fresh Textron Leadership Development Program jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.