Objective / Purpose of the Position
The Case Manager is responsible for day to day interactions with the client in order to move them along in their care plan. The Case Manager will work closely with the Lead Case Manager to ensure quality of client care.
Tasks / Responsibilities
Direct Client Care
1. Carry a case load of 30 clients
2. Conduct client assessments to evaluate client's need, provide assistance and referrals, follow-up with weekly goals that have been set with client and lead cm.
3. Meet with clients as often as needed to carry out the goals of the care plan
4. Assist clients in connecting to any basic needs resources
5. Assist Lead CM in crisis intervention
6. Attend monthly care meeting for assigned clients
7. Attend weekly supervision to discuss client care and assist in strategic problem solving to overcome barriers
Administrative/ Record Keeping
8. Track client and program data using Google docs and HMIS
9. Create, maintain, and organize client case files with necessary documentation
10. Complete Client Outcome Matrix when due and input into HMIS
11. Complete weekly and monthly reporting
12. Use outcome measurements
13. Maintain updated and accurate case notes
14. Complete BPS forms, weekly goals, and exit forms
15. Create, fax, email and send documents on client's behalf
1. Ability to work well with a diversified group of individuals
2. Possess a working flexibility and can change pace in order to meet the need of a client crisis
3. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple complex tasks
4. Required experience and/or working knowledge of community and social struggles of the homeless
5. Strong mediation, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job and to move or lift up to 35 pounds.
2. Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
1. Degree in Social Services and/or 2 years experience in the Social Services field.
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
4. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus but not required
5. Must also have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
6. Commitment to the mission of Illumination Foundation