Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
ILLA Canna is a growing movement in the Cannabis industry, and we need motivated and dedicated team members to start building our brand. We are building a state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, DeltaBev. We will be manufacturing our own cannabis infused beverages in addition to co packing beverages for customers. The facility will also support flower, edibles and concentrates manufacturing.
The QA Technician will conduct quality assurance audits of the production facility assuring company and customer standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Consults with management to resolve quality, production, and efficiency problems. Functions as an information resource to various departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Daily operation of equipment which includes HPLC, Refractometer, pH Meter, Densitometer, Heaters, Timer, Water bath, Calibrated Thermometer, Scale and all other related equipment.
- Performs analysis on products to ensure compliance to customer and regulatory agency
- Performs processing system (line checks) on a timely basis to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Ensures that all products not meeting specified attributes are segregated and held for further review and disposition.
- Ensure that all-pertinent analytical results into the data collections system on a timely basis, immediately informs supervision of any deviations.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping practices.
- Perform hold and disposition of out of grade product.
- Conduct packaging audits and quality inspection of products during production and finished products.
- Determines or verifies Brix, Acid, Ascorbic Acid, pH, Flavor and/or Color of products.
- Verifies or determines fill levels and weight of products.
- Other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Mathematical skills, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, averages, ratios, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Familiarity with lab safety and handling or hazardous materials.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Degree, General Education Degree (G.E.D.)or Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related field preferred.
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferably in Production or Manufacturing environment.
- Or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food or Beverage industry experience is a plus.
- HPLC experience is a plus.
- Micro lab experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Production of Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- food or beverage: 1 year (Preferred)
ILLA Canna LLCWhy Work Here?
Great opportunities for growth within role, awesome company culture!
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at ILLA Canna LLC