Strategic Marketing Manager - PharmBio
ILC Dover Newark, DE
- Posted: June 17, 2021
ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Strategic Marketing Manager – PharmBio will be responsible for identifying key industry trends and customer requirements to develop insights and programs to increase market awareness for ILC solutions.
- Identify key industry trends and customer requirements to develop insights and programs to increase market awareness for ILC solutions.
- Develop a process to push key market information and programs to GTM teams and initiate actions for execution and measuring outcomes in the CRM system
- Provide information and analysis that supports the development and update of our Pharm/BioPharm strategic plans
- Provide ongoing support, analysis and recommendations to the marketing team for the annual marketing planning process
- Enable our value differentiation and identify/quantify our business opportunities through deep global competitive analysis
- Understand our growth opportunities and market share in targeted customer segments and align initiatives with sales based on the analysis in focus regions
- Enhance communication channels to keep sales and marketing teams apprised on segment market insights/trends and policy changes to facilitate creating new business opportunities
- Develop customer segmentation in the target market, identify customer challenges and link them with business potential
- Analyze competitor process solutions to anticipate the differentiated value that our solutions can deliver
- Participate in segment related conferences, meetings, industry associations and working bodies
- Travel (both domestically and internationally) approximately 40%
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in biopharma or a life science discipline or equivalent (Master's degree is preferable)
- Proven understanding of the overall marketing function (typically evidenced through 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing strategy)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Biopharma industry that includes basic process knowledge in vaccine, mAb or gene therapy related modalities
- Experience with running marketing investigations and surveys with third parties to facilitate a deep understanding of strategy related topics
- Ability to build a compelling business case to justify executing on business proposals with financial acumen
- Ability to thrive in a multinational and multicultural environment and you know how to navigate and effectively communicate in a matrix organization
- Willing to travel approximately up to 40% (internationally and domestically 50/50) subject to COVID restrictions
- Proficiency with related marketing and sales software including SF.com; MS Office products; social media; experience with ERP systems also preferred
- Able to conduct complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
BusinessView all jobs at ILC Dover