IKEA Schaumburg is looking to add a Full time Retail Interior Design Manager to their team! This is a full time position requiring weekend availability.
*There will be a 6 month training for this position and Flexibility to travel to New York during the training period is required*
We might be an awesome match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited!
- Providing service to our customers that makes them say I LOVE IKEA excites you…
- You aren’t looking for a Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy always (especially on the weekends), making it easy for our customers to feel welcomed and inspired :)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
• At least 3 years experience working as an interior designer.
• Experience working with interior design in a retail environment.
• Possess an interior design-based education.
• Experience managing co-workers.
• Proven success in leading creative processes and creating a trustful environment.
• Experience working in Revit Design Software
Daily Responsibilities include:
• Lead and manage a team of Interior Design co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas.n
• Responsible for gathering and translating insights from home visit interviews into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
• Lead a team of Interior Design co-workers in creating the store Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations and price levels that create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions.
• Ensure that interior design co-workers execute home furnishing solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency using global tools and best practices
• Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to support the Com&In manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with strong visual impressions.
• Actively support the department action plan with interior design initiatives that are focused on growing the business and support long-term profitability and execute agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
• Responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Interior Design co-workers and secure successor planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
• Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Interior Design co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial results.
• Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, disruption is minimized and communicate changes when working on the shop floor.
• Actively contribute in the national Interior Design Managers network and share national directions and global tools with the Interior Design co-workers in the store
Working with us is like working with your friends. Our culture is based on the spirit of togetherness, enthusiasm and fun. And we're always looking for people who share our positive attitude and values.
The IKEA values help us to run our business, solve problems, and make clever decisions together. But we know we won't think exactly alike on everything - and that's okay! In fact, we encourage co-workers to express themselves and question our ways from time to time. At the end of the day, it's your individuality that can help us see and change things for the better.