II-VI Aerospace & Defense designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Aerospace & Defense has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Under close supervision, assists Production Control Department in prioritizing and coordinating work through various departments. Maintain communication with sales department on shipment delays and customer requests. Reviews and act upon Kanban signals. Reviews and acts upon MRP messages to create and prioritize shop orders.
High School Diploma or GED
1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
1. Mathematical Skills
a) Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
b) Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
2. Language skills
a) Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
b) Ability to write simple correspondence.
c) Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisor, co-workers and other employees of the organization.
3. Reasoning Ability
a) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
b) Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
4. Basic Computer Skills
Essential Job Elements:
Work Orders 50%
- Evaluate and determine disposition of new work orders released from Sales Dept.
- Assist with issuing materials to appropriate department directed by incoming work orders or supervisor.
- Prepare files for new work orders and job packets, filing, and other general clerical functions.
- Distribute work orders
- Generate purchase requisitions
Inventory Control 50%
- Identify various materials by sight. Properly transport, handle and distribute materials and optics.
- Organize and maintain trays, inserts, and dividers.
- Effectively use various instruments for measuring and separating materials including micrometers, calipers, and drop gauges.
- Accurately maintain daily records of issuing activities. Maintain accurate inventory documentation.
- Read and interpret reports and blue prints.
- Act on Kanban signals
"II-VI Aerospace & Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
II-VI Aerospace & Defense