IT Site Administrator
II-VI Aerospace & Defense Dayton, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
II-VI Aerospace and Defense designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Aerospace and Defense has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Aerospace and Defense has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective
The IT Site administrator engages with the local site business users to understand their IT needs and challenges and makes every effort to provide the needed technical support to enable users to perform their day-to-day business activities.
This position is responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring and supporting all IT computing, networking and telecommunications infrastructure for one or more Optical Systems sites, a needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
Administer, maintain, monitor and support all IT systems & equipment including desktops/laptops, servers, manufacturing computers, network and Telecom and other peripheral IT devices
Provision new IT infrastructure as needed to support local business needs;
Perform system administration services including user accounts management
Provide desktop support services including PC/laptop setup, configuration, and troubleshooting for both office users and manufacturing equipment systems
Lead, or participate in, local/division system implementation projects and introduction of new technologies.
Manage SOX & DFAR compliance activities at the local sites and ensure compliance to II-VI IT policies and procedures.
Collaborates with other members of division/corporate IT team on new solution implementation and support of IT systems and services
AA Degree with an emphasis in Computer Technology or Certification from a Computer Technical Trade School.
Prefer BA in Information Systems.
A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSP and ITIL Foundations certification is a plus
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Travel 10-15% travel is expected to sites that the resource will be managing remotely and other Optical Systems and Corporate locations
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the Information Technology field.
- Extensive hands-on experience in installing, configuring, maintenance and troubleshooting wide variety of Software and Hardware equipment including but not limited to network, telecom, desktops/laptops equipment, manufacturing equipment and peripheral devices.
- Experience supporting a variety of computer-based systems & equipment used in the manufacturing environment.
- Administration & Operation of local network infrastructure and associated servers.
- Experience with one or more cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) is a plus
- Proficient with IT technologies including networking, telecommunication, servers, security and applications
- Knowledge Windows desktops/workstations, Windows Server Operating Systems, Cisco networking, telecommunications tools and Network Management Systems
- Knowledge of SOX & DFAR compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with end-users and management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and internal priorities.
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision including planning and prioritizing daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
"II-VI Aerospace & Defense s is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
II-VI Aerospace & Defense
TechnologyView all jobs at II-VI Aerospace & Defense