Supply Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manage supplier audits, supplier PPAP submissions, supplier quality program evaluations, and ongoing supplier product quality.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain and control the policies in the Supply Management Department.
2. Direct and follow-up on supplier related issues found at receiving and track the resolution with suppliers.
3. Make supplier visits for audit and evaluation on an ongoing basis.
4. Review supplier quality programs via audit, evaluation and documentation for qualifications to supply new products.
5. Work with SQA Manager and Product Engineering Manager to enhance all supplier quality levels.
6. Work with Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to define new and ongoing product designs to suppliers and customers.
7. Initiate and follow-up on proper and complete PPAP documentation with current and new suppliers.
8. Responsible for core team support on new part procurement from new suppliers.
9. Develop a collaborative relationship with suppliers promoting a culture of team work and continuous improvement.
10. Maintain frequent contact and open dialog with all departments on material and product issues associated with ITA suppliers.
11. Utilize and maintain a supplier rating system enabling the use facts and data to improve supplier quality and delivery.
12. Review and support supplier cost reductions via quality, process and part improvements.
Responsible for timely supplier review and evaluation including follow-up on supplier related quality issues. Review and follow-up on supplier quality programs to verify suppliers are meeting their defined quality program, specifically ISO 9000 or TS 16949 requirements.
Supplier review and sourcing of new products. Improving supplier quality through review and decision on part specific quality requirements and how it affects ITA product quality.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
3. Good interpersonal and organization skills.
4. Creating and maintaining project schedules and reporting status to ITA management.
5. Professional demeanor and appearance.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
3. Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
4. Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
5. Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
6. Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
1. Be able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
2. Ability to wear proper safety gear/PPE as needed.
3. Repetitive standing, bending, turning, and twisting for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach at arm’s length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
5. Must be able to pass a drug/alcohol test and background screen.
6. Use of both hands, arms, and shoulders (full range of motion)
DISCLAIMER: This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities and tasks are the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor/manager. Requirements stated are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. All employment decisions, including promotions, transfers and others, are based on meeting all requirements and on organizational need, the employee’s being in good standing (including lack of disciplinary actions), meeting all applicable performance standards and other non-discriminatory criteria. The methods of fulfilling requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. WE MAINTAIN AN “AT WILL” EMPLOYMENT.
1598 IL-16Shelbyville, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at IHI Turbo-America