IHI Turbo-America Shelbyville, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Provide purchasing solutions expertise utilizing quality, delivery and total cost of ownership to deliver maximum value.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible and accountable for development and implementation of category sourcing strategy
- Provide leadership for sourcing decisions
- Negotiate and source all production materials in alignment with the category sourcing strategy
- Utilize sound negotiation and value analysis skills to reduce overall costs
- Develop, maintain and promote sound relationships with suppliers
- Maintain accurate and complete records related to purchasing activities
- Work closely with suppliers to correct all supplier delivery problems
- Work closely with Supplier Quality to monitor and correct all supplier PPM problems
- Work closely with Logistics to ensure suppliers’ compliance with packaging and logistics specifications
- Work closely with Product Engineering on new product development to ensure timely procurement of prototype and production parts from the best supplier for the product / company
- Owns supplier relationship
- Accountable for supplier success / failure
- Supplier selection
- Component pricing / negotiations
- Long-term agreements / contracts
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Self-motivated, able to perform role with minimal supervision, taking on ownership and demonstrate a sense of urgency
· Analytical, problem solving and project leadership skills with the ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
· Strong negotiation skills with the ability to interpret, analyze and negotiate contractual cost elements
· Aggressively identify / pursue cost savings opportunities
· Effective communication skills, both oral & written
· Detail oriented & highly organized
· Strong personal skills & a collaborative work style
· Positive attitude & high ethical standards
· Proven experience in supplier negotiations, comprehensive understanding of commercial terms and conditions related to procurement of goods and services, and supply contracts
· Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
· Ability to travel both domestic and internationally
· Ability to read and interpret engineering prints a plus
· Solid understanding of manufacturing processes preferred
· Professional certification in purchasing and/or inventory management (e.g. CPM, CSCP) preferred
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
3. Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
4. Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
5. Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
6. Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
DISCLAIMER: This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities and tasks are the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor/manager. Requirements stated are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. All employment decisions, including promotions, transfers and others, are based on meeting all requirements and on organizational need, the employee’s being in good standing (including lack of disciplinary actions), meeting all applicable performance standards and other non-discriminatory criteria. The methods of fulfilling requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. WE MAINTAIN AN “AT WILL” EMPLOYMENT.
1598 IL-16Shelbyville, IL
BusinessView all jobs at IHI Turbo-America