Come join our team at the Kimpton Taconic in picturesque Manchester, VT as an Assistant Front Office manager!
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Responsible for providing quality guest service within the guidelines specified by hotel management. Assist in leading all Front Office operations by setting and maintaining a high level of guest service. Provide support for the line staff, scheduling, and training of Front Office employees.
Some of Your Responsibilities:
* Supervise all duties performed by the team.
* Create and post all employee schedules in a timely manner.
* Coach, counsel, and discipline employees when necessary, using correct documentation and techniques.
* Ensure that all employees are posted at their stations on time, and that they complete their essential duties before their departure.
* Assist with all sick calls or tardiness by finding coverage, report to work and stay until coverage can be found (including night audit shifts).
* Train and monitor all service levels provided by employees to guests and other fellow employees.
* Meet or exceed levels of service required by the Mystery Shopper Survey.
* Maintain all operational supplies, make sure expenses and labor costs are meeting budgeted requirements.
* Ensure all employees follow cash and credit handling procedures.
* Accountable for the "guest ledger" and its proper daily maintenance.
What You Bring
* 1 year of supervisory experience in hospitality or similar industry.
* Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a constant level of integrity.
* Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally.
* Experience using Opera and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.