- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IHCOS Care Associates, Inc. is an agency that serves individuals with developmental disabilities. We are located in Germantown Maryland. We are looking to hire an experienced Payroll Assistant to help us keep growing.
The Payroll Assistant will work with the Admin Manager and be responsible for ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time. Other duties include managing backend data relating to the hours worked by an employee matched with their pay periods and hourly wages, salaries, overtime, sick days and vacation days.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related fields are desirable. Computer technology and software skills are required as part of the job requirements together with strong calculation and organizational skills. Due to the nature of the job, candidates must be physically able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time.
- Maintain accurate records of employee timesheets, clock-ins & clock-out records.
- Collect and verify time sheets
- Enter employee information & payroll data into the system
- Answer employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll
- Process new employees, promotion and terminations
- Maintain accurate records of payments made to employees
- Keep track of pay periods, hourly wages, salaries, overtime, sick days and vacation days of employees
- Liaise with the Program Mangers, Directors, HR department and accounts department to ensure accurate information for payment
- Utilize computer software for data entry and accounts management
- File relevant reports and documents as needed
- Verify employee records and consult departments in the event of a discrepancy
- Alter tax status of employees where required
- Prepare periodic payroll reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields are preferred
- Additional certification issued by the American Payroll Association will be beneficial
- Proven previous experience in payroll department
- Highly proficient in computer skills and technology
- Accurate and meticulous in data entry
- Strong clerical, administrative and general office skills
- Exceptional calculation and memory skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Team player
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Office hours are from 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday
8 hours including break
IHCOS Care Associates Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at IHCOS Care Associates Inc.