Payroll Specialist - Cannabis Industry
IGS Solutions Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world's largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
The Payroll Specialist will perform payroll accounting and administrative duties to support the Payroll and Human Resources department. They will ensure payment is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations for both salaried and hourly employees. They will also comply with all state and federal regulations as it pertains to timekeeping, tax payments, and any garnishments or levies. They will assist the Payroll Manager and other team members in all levels of payroll/HR-related tasks to provide the best customer service to the employees and management. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Team members are responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees (2,500+ Employees).
- Must be able to review time cards, compute wages, reconcile wages, overtime, and other types of pay with accuracy and compliance
- Assist in the maintenance of employee records and adhere to all state and federal laws
- Post, update, and reconcile all employee-related payroll deductions (garnishments, tax levies, child support orders, etc.)
- Resolve any issues/questions by supervisor or other parties in a timely and professional manner
- Be willing and adaptable to assist in other departments within the organization
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, and confidentiality
- Be a good teammate - commit to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in processing payroll
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office - with emphasis on Excel
- Must be respectful, honest, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred but not required
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
- Be able to stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer, and gloves as needed. We are an essential business and we require our team to work in the office.
IGS SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Awesome cannabis company with lots of room for growth!
Growing cannabis company.
777 S Alameda St. Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at IGS Solutions