HR Coordinator-Cannabis Industry
IGS Solutions Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are setting the industry standard to influence and inspire through our innovative methods. We merge together cannabis culture with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible customer and employee experience(s).
The company operates a fully integrated cannabis business with a footprint that covers the entire breadth of the state of California; the world's largest cannabis market. We control our supply chain from cultivation to retail, which enables us to deliver clean and tested cannabis products at unmatched prices.
Our mission is to provide the one-stop-shop cannabis experience by offering exceptional customer experience service and diversified products. We strive to build long-term customer loyalty.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for performing HR-related duties and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with the recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Able to create, maintain and build professional relationships and rapport
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Have a sound knowledge of market trends
- Flexibility - this role will be ever-changing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds at times.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer, and gloves as needed. We are an essential business and we require our team to work in the office.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
777 S Alameda St. Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at IGS Solutions