- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Type: Contract to hire
Job #: MM97489548
Our client is a software company building the latest and greatest HR and Payroll products! They are seeking a Systems Engineer to help them in area's of VMware/Cisco UCS/Brocade/Windows. This is a 9 month contract to hire position.
- Monitor, administrate and maintain a geographically distributed server compute and storage array systems
- Ensure continuous health of systems through monitoring/alerting dashboards design and implementation
- Be the first responder for answering questions pertaining to infrastructure incidents and problems
- Partner with development teams and business units to troubleshoot tools and drive efficient solutions that meet our customer needs
- Execute and recommend improvements to peer review scripts to automate manual processes
- Actively participates in larger infrastructure architecture projects like upgrades, patching, installations, and decommissions
- Draft and represent technical changes to a Change Advisory board
- Participate in on-call rotation and perform off-hours work as needed
- Confidence with working in VMware Virtualization, Cisco UCS, Pure storage, Brocade, and Windows
- 2-3 years of experience in public/private cloud offerings and working in hybrid cloud architectures and working with enterprise-level servers across multiple data centers and storage networks and related infrastructure, certification, or equivalent skillset
- Intermediate knowledge /proficiency of networking and virtualization, and with one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash or Python
- Familiar with storage networks and related infrastructure, and understands backups, monitoring and security best practices
- Proficient with networking and virtualization technologies, certification, or equivalent skillset
- Proficient working on enterprise level servers across multiple data centers
- Proficient with change management and configuration management
Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Send your resume to DVS-Recruiters@CDW.com to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in a career with IGNW a CDW Company. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of customers, coworkers and the community.
In alignment with this commitment to safety, IGNW requires all U.S.-based coworkers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only exceptions to this policy are a documented, legally required medical or religious exemption/accommodation granted by IGNW.
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs
CDW Corporation, a leading multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare customers announced it has acquired IGNW! IGNW provides digital velocity solutions including advisory, consulting, development services, and has been a CDW services partner since 2018. IGNW provides services to customers across all cloud platforms including hybrid environments, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. IGNW is Cisco’s leading Digital Solutions Integrator Partner and 2019 Cisco Global Ecosystem Partner of the Year.
So many reasons:
- The recent acquisition by CDW. Press release here.
- IGNW being voted Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here.
- IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current contractors. Check it out here!
- We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more
TechnologyView all jobs at IGNW