RN / LPN Position Summary:
Manages, supervises, coordinates, evaluates, and develops client care teams to ensure quality care delivery and appropriate case management within the Agency scope of services and policies; state, federal, and local laws; and Nurse Practice Act.
RN / LPN Job Responsibilities:
- Receives referrals, determines services required, and Agency’s ability to meet needs.
- Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including physical, psycho-social, and environmental parameters.
- Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings.
- Is available at all times during regular business hours and as needed to provide support and assure quality care delivery to home care clients.
- Meets with Case Managers/clinical staff on a regular basis to provide guidance and information related to specific issues.
- Attends case conferences and other clinical meetings to facilitate coordination of care.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of clinical documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Follows Agency guidelines for disciplinary actions. Documents all disciplinary actions in accordance with Human Resource policies and legal guidelines.
RN / LPN Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license as a RN / LPN in the Nebraska.
- Minimum of one (1) years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting, home health, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of home care federal and state regulations.