Senior Functional Consultant - North America - Remote
- Expired: October 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
IFS delivers award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters-at the Moment of Service.
At IFS, we're flexible, we're innovative, and we're focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society's greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We're looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we'll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
The Senior Functional Consultant will Lead the delivery of the Mobile Workforce Management solution to IFS customers. Our mobile applications and platforms enable gas, water, and electric utilities to scale their workforce in the field and leverage the latest technologies in their day-to-day work. We enable utilities to transform their field operations by rapidly automating and optimizing any field work activity or process to improve response time and effectiveness. Our platforms offer utility operations personnel in both the office and field improved location and situational awareness for faster, more intelligent decision-making, greater safety and easier regulatory compliance.
This position requires a dynamic, self-driven, technically savvy individual who wants to be a part of our Consulting team. This person will manage all functional aspects of implementation projects. This can include conducting business requirements and solution design workshops, providing technical and architectural leadership in configuration and integration, and working with customers through iterative testing cycles. Whatever the task, you will work to propose and deliver solutions that meet requirements and exceed expectations, leading the way for prospects, customers, partners, and internal teams by designing and overseeing the implementation of solutions that deliver exceptional ROI and customer satisfaction.
As a Senior consultant, you will additionally be responsible for leading other consultants in the project team through large enterprise projects, combining multiple work streams, geographies, releases, and deliverables. Senior consultants work directly with customers and the IFS Project or Program Manager to plan and execute projects while ensuring that project quality goals and standards are adhered-to by the technical teams.
The Senior Functional Consultant is expected to succeed in complex technical environments while simultaneously displaying exceptional communication skills to effectively work with enterprise customers of varying technical aptitudes. This position requires some travel to customer sites, primarily within North America (expected travel up to 25%).
We welcome applicants for anywhere in North America.
Elicit business drivers, problems, and desired use cases and map them to how IFS products can uniquely enable customers to achieve their goals and objectives
Lead solution and integration design workshops with customer SMEs and end-users
Architect configuration solutions via business requirements, solution design, and integration design documentation
Translate customer business processes into logical steps with a low-code/no-code development platform
Provide leadership / mentorship to internal and partner project teams through iterative configuration and testing cycles
Provide functional and technical leadership in enterprise software delivery
Ensure exceptional quality of project deliverables via concise triage of customer-reported issues, unit testing, and liaising with Customer Support and development resources
Contribute to Epics and Stories for the product roadmap, working in concert with Product Managers, Product Owners, and development resources
Be a trusted advisor to prospects, customers, and partners as a product and technology expert during the pre-sales, implementation and beyond
- Minimum of 5 years in customer-facing project, delivery, or technical sales engineering roles in software consulting
- Post-secondary education in an engineering, business or computer science related degree is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Willingness to travel within North America and internationally (occasional) up to 25% of the time
Skills and Abilities
- Mandatory: Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written). Additional languages would be beneficial.
- Dynamic personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a passion to lead customer workshops
- Proven capability directing other consultants and teams within a project environment
- Familiarity with basic programming concepts (e.g., if/then/else, variables, etc.), common integration paradigms (REST APIs, SOAP Web Services), relational databases, and client-server architecture
- Extraordinary personal time management skills with proven record of juggling multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with clients, team-members and executives in a positive and professional manner
- High geek-factor; must be comfortable operating with, in, and around technology
- Experience in the utility (electric, gas, water) or general field service industries is an asset
- Ability to successfully pass applicable security checks, including a criminal record check
- Willingness to mentor less experienced team members
BusinessView all jobs at IFS
Get fresh IFS Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.