Apply extensive systems engineering, acquisition, project and program management, and systems integration knowledge and experience.
• Assist with the development and execution of the DHS Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC)
• Developing system concepts and architectures;
• Facilitating collection of, developing, and refining operational concepts, operational requirements, and technical requirements;
• Researching, identifying, and assessing promising technology solutions;
• Developing and refining specifications and system interfaces;
• Acquiring and planning system solutions and related services;
• Planning and coordinating integration of system components;
• Supporting the planning and performing of alternatives and cost-benefit tradeoffs; Supporting the development of investment justification and other context information for leadership decision making
• Planning, coordinating, conducting testing; and analysis of test results;• Performing various engineering and other analyses of technical, programmatic, and other related issues, as required.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or a closely-related technical discipline;
- Master of Science in engineering, system management, or closely-related discipline, such as the experience mentioned below (desired);
- At least 8 years of experience in all or most of the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the breadth of technical and programmatic aspects of systems engineering and engineering management standards and best practices, as applied in industry and within Federal Government technology efforts; Experience with DHS and DOD technology efforts (strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience with projects requiring integration of several disparate engineering disciplines (e.g., software, control systems, communications, electronic hardware);
- Extensive expertise and experience supporting Federal large- and medium-scale technology and systems integration efforts;
- Extensive subject expertise and experience in telecommunications, imagery, sensors, radar, and/or similar systems;
- General engineering: extensive experience performing research and analysis in technical areas beyond their specific education and field of study (preferred);
- Extensive experience with project management standards and practices, as applied in the Federal sector, throughout all life cycle phases of projects, including work breakdown structures, project scheduling, critical path management, and risk management.
- Experience supporting the Federal acquisition process as it applies to component and system procurement, and of related services.
- Experience with supporting the development of full life cycle costing and budgeting of systems.
- Experience supporting the development of investment management information. Experience with the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle and Acquisition Review Process strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience collaborating in and leading technical tasks in matrixed teams and integrated project teams of technical, programmatic, operational, budget, and other experts in the Federal sector. Experience within DHS, CBP, and AMO efforts and knowledge of their missions and operational environment strongly preferred.
- Must obtain a CBP Background Investigation
IFASIntegrated Finance and Accounting Solutions (IFAS) is a service-disabled veteran, woman owned small disadvantaged business firm that applies integrated finance and accounting solutions to every engagement to help clients build sustain, and maintain a profitable business model. We do this with a corporate commitment to provide on time service that is mission focused and results driven. It is our true belief that finding the right solutions to your business' mission makes doing business less challenging. IFAS' core capabilities include business & Finance operations, IT Support Services, Acquisition and logistics support.