SQL Server Database Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SQL Server Database Administrator
Essential Job Functions:
The Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services Charleston (CGFS) Bureau of the Department of State (DoS) requires the contractor to provide Information Specialist services in the Global Systems Division, Financial Systems Operations (FSO) Division.
Global Systems Operations (GSO) provides financial systems services to the global Department of State (DoS) user community and services to personnel in Charleston, Bangkok, and Paris.
Financial Systems Operations Unit (FSO) is responsible for operations and database administration of production accounting, reporting, compensation, and disbursing systems that support both overseas and domestic customers. FSO develops and supports document imaging/workflow systems for the Retirement Accounts Division, Office of Foreign Service National Payroll, Offices of Vendor and Employee Claims, American Payroll and Pension Office, Accounts Receivable, and Cashier Monitoring.
The Information Specialist is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develops and executes operating procedures to support production financial systems
- Integrate and automate cycles and Windows/Linux activities
- Coordinate and develop production schedules
- Server as a Database Administrator (DBA) for production applications
- Installation of application software, core database software upgrades, and patches
- Develop, test, and maintain database backup, recovery, and replication strategies
- Plan, test and execute continuity of operations plans for all applicable systems
Preferred Skills, but not Required:
- Experience administering databases in a production environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll application
- Experience with virtual server environments
- Experience in requirements gathering and fit-gap analysis
- Experience with compensation and financial systems
- Experience with “Control-M” batch scheduling software or similar software
Software Systems Utilized:
- Global Financial Management System (GFMS)
- GBI Data Repository and Reporting System
- Regional Financial Management System (RFMS)
- Global Foreign Affairs Compensation System (GFACS)
- A four-year degree in information technology or business-related field is preferred
- Ten years of experience in computer systems design, requirements analysis, resource management, and systems implementation is desired. Experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement
- Five years of experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting:
- Oracle 12c and/or MSSQL 2016 (or higher) databases running on Windows and/or Linux OS.
- Network based data storage environments, such as NetApp
- Experience with advanced SQL queries for both Oracle and MSSQL databases.
Education and certifications may be substituted for years of education
Requires Interim Secret Clearance at a minimum or qualify for security clearance.
The employee will work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6:15 am to 6:00 pm with a non-compensated 45-minute lunch (See your Project Manager for work schedule and department policies). Additional hours may be required and must be authorized by your Project Manager and DoS Management. This position has an on-site requirement. Some telework may be available.
IFAS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Finance and Accounting Solutions (IFAS) is a service-disabled veteran, woman owned small disadvantaged business firm that applies integrated finance and accounting solutions to every engagement to help clients build sustain, and maintain a profitable business model. We do this with a corporate commitment to provide on time service that is mission focused and results driven. It is our true belief that finding the right solutions to your business' mission makes doing business less challenging. IFAS' core capabilities include business & Finance operations, IT Support Services, Acquisition and logistics support. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Websitehttps://ifas-llc.com/ View all jobs at IFAS
Get fresh Sql Server Dba Full Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.