The Director of Human Resources implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employee training, employee recognition program, onboarding, human resource information systems, payroll functions, employment processing, compensation, bonus plans, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations. Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Manages employee communication and feedback using creative approaches such as: company meetings, suggestion programs, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Coordinates corporate benefits package with broker
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Coordinates with senior leadership on corporate policy
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ADP
- Knowledge of Cost Point Software
- Knowledge of labor laws in multi-state organization
- Ability to plan and design compensation and bonus programs
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Ability to persuade others
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Management preferred
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, with most recent being in a senior management capacity
- PHR or SPHR certification required
- Strong employee relations skills; Professional services industry experience preferred