Warehouse Associate-Chantilly, VA
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Warehouse Assistant will properly package, label and tag warehouse inventory.
- The Warehouse Assistant will complete and log daily activities including: receiving, shipping, stocking, tooling, auditing, issuing all materials and completing special assignments.
- The Warehouse Assistant will conduct cycle-counts of inventory and manage daily log.
- The Warehouse Assistant will enter material into IES Inventory database.
- The Warehouse Assistant will load and unload goods and supplies and ensure proper handling of the same.
- The Warehouse Assistant will maintain warehouse quality by keeping track of all damaged inventory and reporting it in a timely manner.
- The Warehouse Assistant will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- The Warehouse Assistant may require operating both forklifts and company vehicles.
- The Warehouse Assistant will work in accordance with 5S organization and Lean principles.
- The Warehouse Assistant will efficiently carry out all task assignments.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Regular attendance is mandatory
- Must have entry level knowledge of operating warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Prefer familiarity with cycle-counting, order picking, shipping, receiving and operating a forklift.
- Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Regular attendance is mandatory.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a warehouse environment.
- Must have a basic understanding of operating systems (SAP, Spectrum).
- Must have intermediate skill level using Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to use power tools.
- Must have the physical agility to conduct warehouse inventory.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean environments a plus.
*Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
*Clean driving history
*Valid Driver's License*Must be able to lift more than 70 lbs
*Forklift experience a plus
*Previous warehouse & Supervisor experience a plus
Minimum Years of Experience0-2License RequiredNoMinimum EducationNoneOverview
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES's 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES Residential Main office at toll free (855)-IES-Hire or (855) 431-4473 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
SpanishEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
IES CommunicationsSterling, VA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Warehouse Associate-Chantilly, VA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.