Job Summary: The field engineer will work hand in hand with the Project Manager to offer support to the site needs as well as project execution. Position will also be a liaison between the Ops team and the support teams such as Scheduling, QA/QC, and Doc Control.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cooperate and communicate effectively with the Project Manager and other team members.
· Complete GVR (global vendor report) reports from superintendents’ daily logs.
· Monitoring compliance with applicable codes and practices.
· Work with site QA/QC to ensure install policies are being followed.
· Review Specifications to ensure site is meeting all requirements.
· Work closely with superintendents to assist and provide technical support.
· Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor weekly updates.
· Review and upload test results with Testing Administrator (daily).
· Analyze “Dailies” weekly with PM to track weekly fades and gains.
· Oversee Test result submittals and documentation submittals.
· Cooperate with QA/QC to conduct site specific on hands training both in field and training room.
· Review drawings and physically measure rooms to ensure they are true to specs for generating complete as-builds.
· Periodic change of duties upon request.
· Work with and own RFI development, submission and resolution. Properly store, communicate and archive Project documentation.
· Assist and participate in project closeout.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
· Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
· Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
· Must be able to diagnose and fix problems with existing equipment and new installs.
· Must be enthusiastic, passionate, patient and a critical thinker.
· Must be able to communicate with the customer and have excellent customer service skills.
· Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
· Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
· Must have at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Will have at least 3-4 year’s commercial low-voltage/structured cabling experience.
· Must be able to work well with other people
· Must have experience working with Bluebeam software.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
· Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
· Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
Company Paid Time Off
Company Paid Life Insurance
Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs