Direct Hire Position w/Full Benefits
Candidates MUST have experience in Commercial AV System Installation and Integration to be considered.
The Lead AV Tech will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. The Lead AV Tech should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards consistent with InfoComm/Avixa and manufacturer’s specifications. The Lead AV Tech must be proficient in reading and interpreting Architectural drawings, specifically Reflected Ceiling Plans, Elevations and AV Signal one-line drawings. The Lead AV Tech must be able to understand system function and determine cable pull schedule from this information. The Lead AV Tech must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of communicating with both GC customers and owner-clients. The Lead AV Tech will lead a team of AV Technicians to complete jobs per customer and IES specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Lead AV Technician will consistently run AV project crews;assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary Tech training; assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines, hold weekly safety meetings; initiate performance related communications and escalate to AV Project Manager if necessary.
- The Lead AV Technician coordinates with AV Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
- The Lead AV Technician serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attends facility and construction meetings when required.
- The Lead AV Technician performs work that consistently demonstrates a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoots and resolves technical issues as they arise.
- The Lead AV Technician will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach,professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills,critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s). Communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work at heights, on a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills and creative thinking are required.
- Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional-level.
- PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Education,Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
- A formal education in electronics or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent experience with audio visual or other electro-mechanical installationtechniques, or field servicing, for at least 3-years.
- Crestron programing experience is preferred.
- Experience with video conferencing (Polycom or Cisco) systems is strongly preferred.
The following courses are required:
o Extron AV Associate
o Basics of Crestron
o Crestron 101
o InfoComm/Avixa AV Essentials
o Biamp Tesira
- Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams and drawings.
- A qualified candidate will have experience with the following manufacturers and technology platforms:
- Crestron Digital Media
- Video Conferencing: Polycom, Cisco
- Audio Conferencing: Biamp, ClearOne
- Displays by Samsung, LG, NEC
- Projectors by Epson, NEC, Christie Digital, Panasonic,Digital Projection, etc.
- Screens by Da-Lite, Draper