Executive Assistant to the Executive of Marketing and College Relations, and Sr. AVP of College Rela
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8.30a.m. - 4.30p.m, including occasional evening and weekend work and possible travel (up to 1-2x per year) based on seasonal business needs and position requirements
Reports to: Executive Vice President (EVP) of Marketing and College Relations
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Executive Assistant to the EVP of Marketing and College Relations will be responsible for providing administrative support to the EVP and Sr. Associate VP, and for providing project support and pricing research.
- Maintains the EVP and Sr. AVP's calendars, including planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, events and preparing materials for meetings
- Complete expense reports for EVP and Sr. AVP
- Draft, edit, and format correspondence and other documents
- Execute semi-annual process for developing and publishing program prices
- Assist with the development of competitor research
- Develop PowerPoint presentations as needed for EVP and Sr. AVP
- Coordinate EVP's and Sr. AVP's travel - airline reservations, hotel reservations, car rental, etc.
- Coordinate Institutional Membership Committee, including developing meeting packets, mailings, correspondence, and meeting minutes
- Assist Sr. AVP with scheduling and coordinating Center Director visits to schools, AWA events, Partner Connection events
- Complete other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- 3+ years experience as administrative assistant to a senior executive
- High level of organizational proficiency and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience in critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Prezi, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with expense reporting
- Creativity and ability to create engaging presentations via Prezi and/or PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right side of this page. It is optional to include a sample PowerPoint, Prezi presentation, or writing sample.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and promoting workforce diversity.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information or veteran status and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at IES Abroad