Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS’s reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
IDS International is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Cyber & Information Warfare department and support our SMEIR product. This role will report to the QA Manager. While our headquarters are in Arlington, Virginia, we are open to remote candidates.
- Design, implement and manage test strategy with focus on user interfaces, API and deployment of large-scale web applications.
- Assist the QA team in debugging complex product deployment models using Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Ansible, Amazon EKS.
- Implement test system modifications to support new product deployments.
- Review all new and existing automated unit test frameworks for efficacy, maintainability and test coverage.
- Create, document and maintain new test suites to assist development in the timely delivery of product releases.
- Communicate testing status clearly and concisely.
- Track testing endeavors using test case tracking systems such as Jira and Confluence.
- Help ensure the final quality of production releases.
- Guide the QA team in the design of new automated unit test frameworks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong, object-oriented design, and implementation skills.
- Prior experience of common test automation tools/libraries such as Cucumber, TestNG, Postman, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, or Gherkin.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and various Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience testing of products running in various operating environments including Windows, Linux, browser and mobile.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Experience with performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, K6, or JMeter.
- Working knowledge of HTTP or Websocket protocols.
Benefits eligibility may vary based on project site or contract but typical benefits are listed below.
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR