Graphic Designer - Proposals
IDS International Arlington, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Graphic Designer - Proposals
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS’s reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
IDS International is seeking a highly qualified Graphics Designer to join our Proposals Team and support our on-going bid efforts. In this role, you are responsible for developing, managing, and implementing the strategic vision for graphics and client-facing materials that adhere to department standards. Proofreading skills and acute attention to detail are important as this role will be accountable for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of proposal submissions consistent with corporate messaging and branding. Collaborating with the Proposals Team this role will complete the proposal lifecycle relative to graphics and production from Request for Proposal (RFP) release to proposal submission.
An ideal candidate will have demonstrated, high-level skills in layout, design, drawing, and computer art generation. Willingness to work extended hours and assist team members in achieving deadlines may be needed at times to handle demanding, deadline-driven situations. A successful candidate will have stellar design chops and an innate understanding of the craft and strategy of design, branding, and bringing creative ideas to life. This role reports to our Director of Proposals and will sit at our corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA once the office fully reopens. We are open to exceptional remote candidates as well.
- Assists with all aspects of government proposal response documentation, including document design and templates, creating graphics and other visual materials to support solution narratives, desktop publishing, and coordinating the production final books and materials, ranging from a few pages to several hundred pages.
- Ability to transform complex technical narrative in to compelling, comprehensible graphics.
- Ensures compliant, timely, and professional-quality artwork for IDS proposals, including graphics, covers, presentations, and supporting materials.
- Accountable for the final proposal for book check, creating electronic media copies, redactions and assists with the process, packaging, and proposal shipment and delivery.
- Serve as a resource in demonstrating IDS’s ability to do the work. Be able to convey our experience in a manner that is professional and indicative of our abilities.
- Maintain consistent branding and assure consistent execution of those brand elements across the entire spectrum of the proposal items that you produce.
- Manages and maintains proposals graphics repository.
- May be required to take on additional responsibilities for smaller proposals or presentations (e. g., gather baseline documents, complete forms, etc.).
- Minimum of four (4) years of related visual design experience in a Proposals environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in graphic design, fine arts, or related field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques, composition, typography, communication, and concept definition.
- Understanding of basic data visualization principles.
- Capable of quickly translating brainstorming discussions and big picture ideas into relevant creative visuals.
- Ability to work, self-direct, and prioritize within a virtual team.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with shifting priorities and busy stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, consistency across channels and platforms, and version control.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in government contracting is strongly preferred.
- A sense of humor, good attitude, and the ability to make work fun!
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and presentation tools.
IDS’s competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future – 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development – networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at IDS International