Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) - OCONUS
- Posted: over a month ago
Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) - OCONUS Locations
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS’s reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
DECO, a subsidiary of IDS International, is looking for Construction Surveillance Technicians (CST) to support Department of State construction projects. CSTs monitor the construction activities of the workers and the material that will be installed in the and around secure areas. They inspect the material that will be installed in the area and manage the workers that are working in and around the secure area.
This position requires a one-year contract and is located
outside of the continental United States (OCONUS).
- Control access to the construction sites.
- Screen and escort personnel within or to a construction site as appropriate. (For reasons of Safety and Security, only those persons whose names appear on the “Site Access List” will be permitted to enter the job site unescorted. The Site Access List will be provided by the Site Security Manager (SSM).
- Screen and escort all material and tools within or to a construction site.
- Maintain control of construction material within or to the construction site.
- Control the Secure Storage Area (SSA) and the material contained within.
- Monitor and observe the construction workers as they accomplish their various construction tasks.
- Ensure all equipment; materials and furnishings for use in specified areas are x-rayed and examined.
- Assist the SSM with, “Random Selection and Random Procurement” of materials required for construction and installation in, or contiguous to, controlled areas.
- Inspect all persons, packages, bags, boxes, crates, tools, and vehicles, prior to entering the construction site.
- Produce daily logs of all related activity and events.
- Report all security related incidents, in incident report format, to the SSM.
- Report all anomalies and incidents of a counterintelligence nature directly to the SSM.
- Hold an active Top Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in one of the following areas:
- Construction security surveillance,
- Technical surveillance counter measures,
- Industrial or government security involving counterintelligence, or
- Construction quality assurance.
- Must be capable of analyzing designs and blueprints, and of recognizing the architect’s intended use.
- Must be able to walk up and down eight (8) floors of stairs repeatedly during the workday. Elevators may not be available for use on all construction areas.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Meet certain medical and physical fitness requirements and able to deploy to remote locations with all medications for up to one year.
- Hold an active passport.
- Hold an active CST DoS certification or equivalent training.
DECO benefits include:
- Competitive Hourly rates.
- Medivac and travel insurance.
- Contract completion bonus.
- Department of State Construction Surveillance Technician Training course.
- Per Diem provided at Department of State rates.
- Uniforms to include appropriate weather based on location.
- Overseas lodging provided.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with the Company’s vaccination verification procedures, is required for this position, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email email@example.com and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR
Real EstateView all jobs at IDS International