IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers as well as the opportunity for development and advancement. We are all bound by a commitment to a shared pursuit of goals and providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Spray Foam Tech Services Representative Technician Job Description
IDI Distributors is seeking a Spray Foam Tech Services Representative Technician to join the IDI team. As a Spray Foam Tech Services Representative at Insulation Distributors, you will be responsible for serving as an expert in spray foam techniques for IDI customers and staff. This position is responsible for training current and potential customers on spray foam application, new equipment commissioning, performing repairs and warranties, and making insightful recommendations to help our customers succeed and converting new business
Spray Foam Tech Services Representative Job Requirements
As a Spray Foam Tech Services Representative or Insulation Distributors, you must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team and possess a professional, customer-focused attitude. You must be able to build long-lasting relationships with vendors, customers, and sales staff. Travel is a large part of the position, encompassing approximately 80% of your time on the job.
- Educate customers in the following areas:
- Industry standards on Health and Safety
- Chemical processing
- Job site efficiency
- New Equipment Training & Commissioning
- Understanding warranties for their equipment
- Basic understanding of building codes and building science
- Troubleshooting equipment issues in person or via phone
- Instruct customers on proper application techniques for spray polyurethane foam
- May require preparing presentations for customers' employees.
- Assist IDI sales representatives in informing prospects/customers about IDI's spray foam products including Graco parts, spray foam rigs and spray foam accessories
- Knowledgeable and proficient in all parts and equipment related to spray foam
- Visit jobsites to conduct on site trainings
- Assist IDI sales representatives with thorough troubleshooting and processing warranty claims
- Create Service Quotes for customers to include parts and labor
- Perform repairs within IDI's scope of service
- Carrying parts and tools to perform pre-determined tasks
- Provide ordering information to customers when equipment recommendations are made
- Build a rapport between yourself and a local IDI Service Center to assist customers with the Service Center repair process
- Assist customers with evaluating potential warranty issues
- Knowledge in troubleshooting spray foam application/equipment problems problems
- General knowledge of code approved building practices with an emphasis in building envelope, spray foam and fiberglass insulation
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED and 3-5+ years experience
- Experience either in school or by trade in engine repair, Construction/Building science and/or electrical work
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro