Engineer III - Senior Software Engineer (Product Development)
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
IDEMIA National Security Solutions is the premier provider of integrated identity solutions for United States Government. Our deep understanding of biometric, biographic, credential, and digital forms of identity allows us to guide our customers to achieve their business goals. NSS’ leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and professional services facilitate and automate many of the business processes for government agencies serving law enforcement, military, and intelligence missions.
We are seeking an Engineer III - Senior Software Engineer to develop high quality code for delivery to customers. The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined worker who thrives on driving and owning engineering solutions while also being a congenial team player. They will also have experience with the full lifecycle of software development including delivery. This position can be a remote/hybrid opportunity.
- Perform design and implementation activities.
- Dynamically pursue assigned tasks with research into pertinent current and emerging technologies and best practice approaches.
- Develop high quality code for delivery to customers.
- Work closely in agile scrum team to meet sprint goals.
- Engineer solutions to complex problems.
Job Requirements and Skills Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience, Senior Software Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or other technical field.
- At least 5 years’ Java and Object-Oriented programming skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of best practices for coding including clear comments, source control, and code reviews.
- Java Springboot.
- REST APIs.
- Testing Frameworks – Junit, Mockito.
- Ability to document systems, components, and architecture.
- System integration and application deployment.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL or Oracle.
- Knowledge in Linux, Linux shells & scripting languages.
- JIRA, Confluence, Git, BitBucket and other similar products.
- Experience with biometrics systems is desirable, although not required.
- Experience with cloud development in AWS or Azure.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipeline, preferably with Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes – building docker containers from scratch and principles of orchestration.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
*****Must be a US Citizen, without Dual Citizenship*****
NSS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
It is the policy of IDEMIA NSS to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, disability, participation in discrimination complaint-related activities, sexual orientation, genetics, or active military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic, by either employees or non-employees. This non-discrimination policy applies to all employment procedures, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, reduction in force, and all company-sponsored activities.
Affirmative Action Statement
NSS has adopted an Affirmative Action Plan (“AAP”) and is committed to making a good faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the plan. It is the policy of NSS to base employment decisions on the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to take Affirmative Action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, NSS abides by the following provision:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
IDEMIA National Security Solutions
Get fresh Security Solutions Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!