- Posted: July 11, 2022
IDEMIA National Security Solutions (NSS) is the premier provider of integrated identity solutions for United States Government. Our deep understanding of biometric, biographic, credential, and digital forms of identity allows us to guide our clients to achieve their business goals. NSS leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and professional services facilitate and automate many of the business processes for government agencies serving law enforcement, military, and intelligence missions.
Idemia NSS has an opening for a Business Analyst. This roll will collaborate with multiple cross-functional development teams and support an external customer PMO team.
- Work with customers to elicit and document business requirements.
- Work with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, customers, and developers to write user stories which are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small, and testable.
- Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for complete testing of the new functionality.
- Act as an interface and customer advocate to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are being addressed.
- Analyze functional requirements and system models to determine missing elements.
- Collaborate with and support developers during their design and development efforts to provide support for their analysis of the story.
- Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of demos or training resources.
- Write user help documentation
- Develop systems design documentation in coordination with the developers and program manager
- Participate as a member of the Development team
- Validate that product deliveries meet customer requirements.
- Optionally attend daily Scrum stand-ups (as an observer).
- Represent the customer and requirements during backlog grooming sessions.
- Attend Sprint planning and retrospectives
- Improve and expand knowledge and skill sets with regard to current trends and changes in software development industry.
- Seek and propose new or alternate approaches to address the organization's business problems.
- Maintains and manages client interface at senior levels of client organization. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items.
- Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs. Supports quality improvement initiatives by documenting processes, analyzing trends and patterns in risk activity, recognizing lessons learned, and coordinating data collection and reporting efforts.
- 4 year Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Management or related field
- Experience using MS Project
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to define project goals and work independently to complete projects while adhering to the established schedule
Additional Desired Skills
- Experienced in Agile and/or SAFe Methodology
- Experience writing user stories.
- Experience using Business Process modeling tools and standard modeling conventions.
- Experience in system analysis and troubleshooting to analyze, isolate, and document problems/issues, identify risks, and develop options/solutions.
- Experience as a technical writer especially with regards to writing systems and help documentation.
*****Must be a US Citizen, without Dual Citizenship*****
NSS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
It is the policy of IDEMIA NSS to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, disability, participation in discrimination complaint-related activities, sexual orientation, genetics, or active military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic, by either employees or non-employees. This non-discrimination policy applies to all employment procedures, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, reduction in force, and all company-sponsored activities.
Affirmative Action Statement
NSS has adopted an Affirmative Action Plan (“AAP”) and is committed to making a good faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the plan. It is the policy of NSS to base employment decisions on the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to take Affirmative Action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, NSS abides by the following provision:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
IDEMIA National Security Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at IDEMIA National Security Solutions