Medical Laboratory Technician
Responsible for having a general understanding of the theory of all methodologies within their scope of service, proactively participating in the implementation of improvement measures, verifying test methods and ensuring validity of testing to include preparation, pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of testing and test results reporting.
- Perform laboratory testing and analysis.
- Assist the laboratory staff in the coordination and processing of client samples and provide technical support to staff.
- Perform a variety of laboratory support activities as assigned.
- Performs additional follow-up examinations, tests and analysis according to established laboratory procedures or as requested.
- Assist with technical training and support.
- Prepare final reports for testing performed and check all pertinent paperwork to ensure accuracy.
- Perform routine laboratory clean up and maintenance.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policies.
- Any and all other tasks or projects, as assigned.
- Medical Lab Tech or Medical Technologist certification required
- Preferred experience in LCMS high complexity clinical chemistry lab.
- Previous chemistry lab experience Preferred Mass Spectrometry • Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations and customer service • Understanding of HIPAA regulations and requirements • Safe, professional and organized in a laboratory setting • MS Word and Excel
- Works well as a member of a group
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Location: Holyoke, MA
Hourly Rate: $23hr - $29hr, depending on experience
Schedule: Two different shifts available
- Mon – Thurs, 11:30am to 8:30pm. Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Mon – Thurs, 10:30am to 7:30pm, Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm