J O B S U M M A R Y
Works under the clinical supervision of the practicing physician(s) and Office Manager, and is responsible for assisting the physicians in the practice. Communicates regularly with patients and may work with a variety of medical specialties. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge and skills to independently perform primary duties in the office clinic. The mission of service is excellence, in providing professional, compassionate and friendly service to our patients and physicians.
C L I N I C R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
- Escort, interviews patients, measure vital signs, documents all information in patient chart.
- Injection and venipuncture.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is file in patient’s medical records prior to their appointment,
- Maintain medical records, Hedis reports.
- Coordinates and process referrals to specialty providers, procedure authorizations
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies,
- Take messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls; triage and process messages from patients.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, expired medication, etc)
- Medical receptionist as needed, answering call, scheduling appointments, verifying patient’s health benefits and eligibility.
R E Q U I R E M E N T S
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program.
- Phlebotomy and basic laboratory skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a person that has the ability to multitask and be organized with a flexible schedule.
- Prior Medical Assistant experience required.
Location: Wellington, FL
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (One (1) Hour Break)
Pay Rate: $16.00/hr - $18.00/hr
Bilingual: Required (English & Spanish)