- Acts as an educator, practitioner, consultant and researcher.
- Serves as consultant to nursing staff and other team members regarding clinical issues.
- Acts as chair member of assigned nursing committees.
- Ensures that the educational needs of all shifts are addressed while collaborating with Department Directors and/or Assistant Nurse Director in clinical aspects, educational development of employees, and meeting standards in accordance with established hospital, State, Federal, Joint Commission, American Nurses policies, procedures, regulations, ethics, and standards.
- Assesses, plans, directs and evaluates educational needs for the clinical care area(s) assigned.
- Provides educational programs based on the needs identified in the clinical care area.
- Develops/modifies the clinical orientation program of all new nurses, including cross training to the different areas as designated.
- Ensures that the educational needs of all shifts are addressed. Ensures competency of staff by serving as resource by assisting in the development of individual nurses to maintain staff competency.
- Assists nursing staff with assessment of patient/family care/educational needs on selected cases and collaborates with nursing staff and other health care professionals to meet identified needs.
- Participates in the development/evaluation of Patient Education/discharge planning aspects of care.
- Assists with the development and implementation of nursing intervention and patient care strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge of the developmental levels of the patient and age related factors in order to support staff through education to care for these patients. Interprets, evaluates and communicates pertinent research findings to nursing staff through in-services and scheduled programs regarding issues in Patient and Family Care.
- Presents formal and informal education to the nursing staff, patients and family in clinical settings.Presents classes related to clinical specialization to staff, students and other health care professionals as needs are identified.
- Encourages the use of and integrates online education
- Ensures the education requirements for Governing Board/Regulatory Agencies are met.
- Collaborates with Nurse Directors, Infection Control, Quality Improvement Director, physicians, and other health care professionals to identify educational needs and provide online education support to clinical staff.
- Serves on other committees or task force.
- Participates in professional organizations in order to expand knowledge base and develop professional contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- State licensure as Registered Nurse (RN). Certification in specialty or related area. Basic Life
- Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification/Advanced Cardiac Life
- Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) certification required.
- Must maintain certification as Basic Life Support (BLSI) Certification/Advanced Cardiac Life Support instructor (ACLSI). This requirement is not applicable for incumbents working in Medical-Surgical Oncology.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification or Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Certification preferred for incumbents working in ICU.
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- ICU Experience - 5 - 10 years
- Education experience for approximately 2-3 years.
- Experience in the development of educational programs required.
- Working knowledge of Quality Improvement process and Joint Commission standards.
- Able to relate to a large variety of individuals.
- Clinical and operational experience in the respective field or specialty.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities.
- Self-starting and self-motivating
- Working hours may exceed eight hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Able to be flexible with time.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Location: Weston, FL
Schedule: M-F 8-5, must be flexible
Pay: Dependent on Experience