Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer / Architect
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Duration: Long term Contract/ Full time
- The Sr. Network Engineer/Architect has direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc.'s Network Architecture and Design Engineering deliverables across a hybrid mix of Enterprise and Production environments.
- Be the architect of Gap's network design and strategy; Develop for scale, flex, and performance in a complex changing engineering environment.
- The focus will be on delivering high availability (99.99+%) network solutions.
- He / She will interface with other network primes; internally and externally to GAP and be directly engaged with network design, planning, implementation, and security.
- He / She will have primary ownership of meeting the defined service level agreements (SLA), as well as deliver upon SLAs required by different internal customers, such as the various GAP Brands and Application Business Partners.
- Responsible for Network Architecture, design and engineering within production and non-production environments across a global footprint.
- Responsible for developing a network infrastructure roadmap, enterprise network strategy and network technology adoption plans.
- Responsible for development of network standards with a focus on platform, hardware, software and configuration methodologies
- Designs and implements highly complex networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas and while protecting the uptime and availability of our environments
- Partner with Capacity and Performance engineering peers for network resource optimization, resolution of production issues and on-going maintenance of application and systems
- Partner with Infrastructure delivery partners and work across the various cross-functional stakeholders
- Design and Deliver standard network security infrastructure designs that meet all security and privacy requirements that satisfy governance principles and best practice
- Design and Delivery network infrastructure disaster recovery plans that meet Tier conforming requirements.
- Partner with Server and Application owners to ensure their applications have similar degrees of redundancy, resiliency and failover capability
- Identify, research, evaluate and recommend network related tools and emerging network technologies
- Provide final-tier support for highly impacting network related issues and events
- 10+ years experience of recent operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies
- Have experience in large Retail, ISP and/or Content Service Provider environments
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously
- Deep knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within WAN, Branch, Data Center and Orchestration. Proven experience in Wireless technologies and security practices
- Extensive design and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, Meraki highly preferred).
- Experience in Wireless technologies across multiple vendors included but not limited to Cisco Meraki, Mist.
- Experience in WAN technologies (optimization, virtualization)
- Must have excellent network WAN protocol experience: SONET, Broadband, T1, DWDM, Dark Fiber, WAVE
- Must have excellent knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Must have superior network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP
- Strong familiarity with Unix especially in respect to networking
- Familiarity with developing tools in scripting e.g perl, shell, python, expect, etc. and programming e.g. C/C++ languages
- Familiarity with industry standard monitoring, monitoring and documentation tools such as Nagios, Solarwinds, Confluence, ServiceNow, Jira etc.
- This candidate will also understand the rigors of operating a global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a last tier support for high-severity and business impacting issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Experience with SD-WAN Cisco Viptela Implementation and alternatives.
- Cisco Meraki, Mist Experience
- Industry standard certifications such Cisco CCIE or equivalent years of experience
- Automation/Scripting Skills
- Lead SME/Architect experience with 100% ownership skills.