Warehouse Supervisor ***2nd shift 3pm - 12:30am***
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day efficient operation of the warehouse, with emphasis on the management of warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans. The Warehouse Supervisor works with warehouse team to maintain warehouse performance goals and objectives in regard to customer service, cost, productivity and profit.
- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks associated with warehousing and distribution including: picking, packing, shipping, receiving, labeling, kitting, loading/unloading, putting-away, cycle and wall to wall counting, customs control, inventory auditing and inventory management and control.
- Will manage the use of material handling equipment such as pallet movers, standup forklifts, swing-reach trucks, and order pickers
- Provides customer support for logistics problems. Coordinates transportation of customer materials to and from the facility.
- Manages inbound shipment receipt and inventory control, warehousing, customs control, and outbound shipment preparation and dispatch
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer inventory and warehouse staff
- Develops, recommends and implements process and procedure improvements for service delivery to the customer.
- Provides customized solutions for customers in the areas of warehousing, inventory control and analysis, transportation, and technical support
- Responsible for the Key Performance indicators and ensures budget targets are met
- Supervises staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff.
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 2+ years' experience in the logistics/freight forwarding or airfreight industry preferred
- Experience with building pallets / ULDs required
- 1+ years' supervisory / leadership experience strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree a plus
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Comprehensive knowledge of distribution methods and standard warehouse operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology-operating tools (WMS-Barcode Scanning, Track & Trace)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building.
- Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple and often conflicting priorities.
- Maintains an outgoing, positive, friendly, and customer-focused attitude.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
iDC Logistics Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company’s business, competitive considerations or the work environment changes.Warehouse Supervisor
IDC Logistics, Inc.Lynwood, CA
Transportation and StorageView All IDC Logistics, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.