- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ID Care is seeking a Billing Specialist. If interested in the position, please read the job description and apply.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION (Please Read): New ID Care employees and anyone on a deferral are required to be fully vaccinated as soon as possible after starting employment or following the end of the deferral. Until fully vaccinated, while in an ID Care office, employees are expected to continue wearing a mask and maintaining 6 feet of distance when possible
General Summary: This is a nonexempt position responsible for charge entry, coding, electronic claim billing, medical record request, collecting data from various sources, entering data into a health information system, familiarity with CPT codes and guidelines, acquire authorization for specified insurances prior to claim submission.
Immediate Supervisor: Billing Specialist Supervisor
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Processes facility and hospital charge entry, wound care charge entry, hyperbaric charge entry, and IV infusion charge entry.
- Print and/or gather charges from pMD software.
- Submits electronic claim billing during designated daily timeline.
- Enter patient demographics from remote sites, pMD software, and/or call to obtain information.
- Print or call to request medical records and/or retrieve authorization numbers
- Correct and reprocess clearinghouse rejected claims
- Responsible for daily check of claim batches (AM/PM Scrubbing)
- Review patient insurance information to verify validity. If insurance isn’t valid, research to find updated insurance information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephone, scanner, calculator, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment with windows allowing the temperature to fluctuate during each season. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Completed medical billing and coding course preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of billing experience in a healthcare organization preferred.
- Knowledge of procedural and diagnosis coding guidelines.
- Knowledge of billing practices, clinic policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient skills in computer programs.
- Skill in time management and organization.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in using a calculator
- Ability to exam documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to independently meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks related to job duties without direct request of supervisor.
- Ability to work well with others and be willing to help when needed.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking, or standing the remainder.
In 1996, two independent infectious disease practices merged — evolving into the largest, private, independent infectious disease practice on the East Coast, and the second largest in the United States: ID Care. Today, ID Care is more than New Jersey’s largest network of board-certified infectious disease physicians. We are clinical leaders, innovators, and researchers, providing every patient we serve with personalized solutions — all focused on identification, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases. Specializing in nearly every aspect of infectious disease — including HIV, Hepatitis, pneumonia, tick-borne diseases, and others — ID Care physicians offer the most effective prevention methods, accurate diagnoses, and state-of-the-art treatments available today.
Our Clinical Experts Deliver Your Life-Changing and Life-Saving Solutions
At ID Care, we are driven by our mission to lead in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases by providing innovative solutions to our communities.
The key values that inspire and guide our ID Care team’s decisions and actions include:
Care that is empathetic.
Compassion for all.
Collaboration that fosters teamwork.
Communication which is timely, transparent and respectful.
These are the ways ID Care connects patients and communities to the highest level of infectious disease services. As a longstanding partner with some of the most renowned healthcare organizations in New Jersey and the nation’s most prestigious government agencies, ID Care is a reliable resource with the right specialists, delivering the right care, at the right place and time. From wound and travel care to state-of-the-art infusion services — our focus is centered on providing superior, cost-effective results and safe outcomes.
Pioneering Excellence in Infectious Disease Care Nationwide
ID Care is a leading healthcare enterprise that is nationally recognized for infectious disease specialty services. That means we continually produce measurable results by providing the highest level of care across infectious diseases, infusion services, wound treatments, and travel care.
Every day, we collaborate with hospitals throughout the state of New Jersey to improve their healthcare delivery and patient safety. Our leading-edge epidemiology and antibiotics stewardship program allows our partners to provide patients with the least amount of medication to achieve the safest, and most effective results — leaving a resounding effect on both the individuals we treat and the communities we serve. And as we adapt to the ever-changing healthcare landscape, we’re developing a comprehensive service line that meets the needs of any infectious disease, under any circumstance, for any group, organization, or individual throughout the country.
HealthcareView all jobs at ID Care
Get fresh Lead Billing Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.