Location: Richardson, TX
- As part of our Leadership Team, you will lead project execution and support technical sales of industrial-scale projects in the renewable thermal energy and heat recovery space. This position offers a unique opportunity to drive impact and build the project engineering arm of our business. Your primary responsibility will include managing the development and implementation of clean energy projects. Your day-to-day will include the coordination and completion of client projects on time within budget and within scope. Additionally, you will provide technical support to the sales team. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a sense of drive and autonomy to juggle multiple projects at once, and a fire to help create a more sustainable future, then this is the role for you.
- Drive project scope, task prioritization, deliverables, schedule and budget
- Select and coordinate contractors for project engineering, equipment procurement, and construction (includes writing RFPs and evaluating RFP responses).
- Oversee commissioning and provide as-needed support after commissioning.
- Collaborate with customer engineering and operations personnel, including facilities /utilities managers and capital projects engineers.
- Serve as technical expert in client meetings.
- Select appropriate technical solutions to decarbonize customer facilities without affecting customer uptime, production rates, and quality.
- Perform feasibility and cost-benefit analysis of available products, installation options and new technologies.
- Identify opportunities for thermal energy and heat recovery projects at customer facilities
- Build processes, tools, and best practices around both project implementation and technical sales in order to enable the business to scale
- Build a team to help us scale, including recruiting, hiring, and leading that team.
- BS in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience in at least one of the following:
- Process mechanical design
- Vendor and contractor management
- Construction management
- Diverse understanding of the electrical, mechanical, chemical, and construction disciplines
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Process flow diagrams
- Piping & instrument diagrams
- Mass & heat balances (with special focus on heat exchangers)
- Equipment & installation specifications
- Process instrumentation
- Request for proposal (RFP) process
- Passion and know-how around clean energy technology and projects
- Must have a high degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment, with an ability to drive results in the face of complex challenges
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.