Location: Silver Spring, MD
Duration: 6-7 months
- TLC Network
- Manager on the Marketing Team
- Strategic Side of Marketing - develop marketing plans while working with creative side.
- Building awareness of shows
- Manage & track the creative job - strategic oversite
- Detailed Oriented & Organized and Tasked Oriented
- No Management of of other workers
The Marketing Manager will play a key role in managing consumer marketing for TLC initiatives, with overall goal of increasing viewership, reinforcing brand presence. Some key responsibilities include marketing campaign development and management. This includes maintaining and growing internal and external relationships that foster brand-building opportunities for key franchise series/programs and integrating research and strategy planning information into marketing plans and execution.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project manage all aspects of marketing creative and campaign development for TLC to build audience viewership and reinforce core brand attributes.
- Campaign leader on assigned programs, franchises and initiatives. This includes development of marketing/creative briefs, managing the execution of marketing campaigns and managing marketing/communications assets across a wide range of counterparts from departments including media, creative, press, social media, digital and production.
- Work closely with Art Director to insure all relevant information needed for a job is input into job tracking software including sizes/specs/delivery.
- Analyze effectiveness of campaigns and report back to team on successes and key findings.
- Oversee project work-flow of creative assets; ensure revisions are accurately made; communicate job changes and budget.
- Identify, develop and execute key external partnerships that will help to evolve the brand. Champion internal partnerships across departments (such as: press, international, affiliate sales, ad sales) and business units (Including: on-line, retail, publishing, licensing, legal, etc.) marketing tie-in efforts for maximum positive brand impact, marketplace visibility and revenue generation.
- Coordinate execution of partnerships with external marketing partners.
- Devise and implement campaign strategies (incorporating relevant program production/program development insights) and development timelines, working closely with creative counterpart and media strategy/promotion group, supervisor and senior management.
- Provide strategy direction, clear feedback and key deliverable information to internal and external resources
- Work seamlessly with digital, social media and press on communication plans and deliverables.
- Integrate (and initiate, as appropriate) primary and secondary research with goal of deeper understanding of consumer target motivations and characteristics. Analyze campaign ROI, and oversee production budget associated with campaigns managed.
- Manage and oversee timetables with direct hands-on management of meetings, follow up, timelines, routing materials for approvals, lists of campaign assets.
- This position manages the work and deliverables of other departments and peers while these colleagues do not officially report to the manager.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.