Project Management Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The PM Associate position will support the Project Manager and Field Management team during all phases of industrial construction including; development, engineering, procurement, construction, startup and commissioning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Support the Project Manager and Field Management team in all aspects of industrial construction projects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist in the development of project budget, schedule, scope of work, and required documents.
- Provide input and expertise in the areas of plan design, site layout, project equipment and materials.
- Work with internal and external engineering resources to review and compile drawing sets and specifications, generate bid packages and coordinate the bid and award process for subcontractor labor and materials.
- Work with internal engineering resources to establish equipment specifications to procure specialized industrial and manufacturing equipment, construction materials, and other third party services.
- Analyze and evaluate proposals and select or recommend vendors and subcontractors.
- Negotiate terms & conditions within a contractual framework with subcontractors under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Generate scope of work agreements (SWAs) to define the scope, schedule and terms for each subcontractor working at the project site.
- Communicate daily with the Field Management team to ensure they have the labor, materials and equipment required to maximize field productivity.
- Provide daily management and coordination of subcontractors and vendors to aid in the successful completion of construction projects.
- Support the Project Manager in managing project schedule and budget. Through consistent budget and schedule updates, establish understanding of any critical issues. Using knowledge of construction work flow develop solutions for critical issues.
- Generate purchase orders and input information into ERP system.
- Generate and enter into ERP system subcontract and owner change orders as directed by the Project Manager.
- Review vendor and subcontractor invoices and payment applications to ensure they are submitted in accordance with the terms of each applicable agreement.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to track project progress including man-hour tracking and rental equipment tracking.
- Collaborate with Projects Team staff, Contract Managers, Engineering, and Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely project deliverables.
- Assist Customer Service department with technical inquiries received from customers.
- Assist the warranty department in evaluating incoming warranty claims to determine if problem is covered under warranty agreement and establish scope of warranty issue.
- Ensure all project work is completed in accordance with the project specifications, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Bachelor degree required
- Construction Science Management or Engineering discipline preferred
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- 1 - 3 years of construction experience required (preferably in the field)
- Microsoft Project experience preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Understand construction terminology and methods of construction
- Read and understand civil, structural, mechanical and architectural drawings
- Read and understand Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Understand basic procurement processes and procedures
- Possess excellent computer skills utilizing MS Office products
- Possess strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Interact professionally and effectively with senior management
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
- Use tact and diplomacy and possess a customer service focus
- Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Multi-task and operate in a fluid and fast paced environment with efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Act with honesty and integrity
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Up to 20% travel required or as needed. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. May be required to work in high, precarious places.
ICM Ventures Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at ICM Ventures Inc