Ground Segment Systems Engineer
ICEYE Irvine, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time even when it's cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the worlds first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
ICEYE in the past two years has more than quadrupled our satellite fleet, demonstrated value to government and commercial customers globally, signed agreements with key industry partners, grown our international team from under 50 to over 200 employees, and received significant funding to achieve scale. Building on investor confidence and ongoing mission success, we are expanding operations in the United States.
Our journey is just beginning. Join us at ICEYE U.S.
We are expanding operations at ICEYE U.S. including Satellite Manufacturing, Mission Ops/Ground Segment, Sales and Information Technology teams. To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Ground Segment Systems Engineer to be based in Irvine, California.
This role is responsible for deploying and maintaining the ICEYE U.S. Ground Segment, including mission control, satellite operations, and communications with ground stations and spacecraft.
- Interface with multiple disciplines including Satellite operations, mission management, and engineering teams
- Create satellite operations and ground software projects from inception to completion
- Implement and support the Ground Segment to ensure uptime and reliability to meet customer SLAs, solve real-time operational issues in a timely manner
- Work with the Software team to improve ground segment automation and monitoring
- Identify issues and anomalies with the ground segment software and report them to the Software team
- Configuring and monitoring of ground stations and the constellation in line with operational requirements
- Work with customers and partners to support integration with their ground stations
What you need to succeed:
- Experience must include, but is not limited to, troubleshooting and configuring Ground Segments operational systems and Satellite Operations.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft OfficeSuite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Familiar with Coding in Python, PHP, Ruby
- Maintain Github/Bitbucket, and update logging.
- Strong Documentation skills
- Based in Orange County, CA facility
- US Citizen
- Possess a government clearance or ability to receive one
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development and research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K plan
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
TechnologyView all jobs at ICEYE