Chief Financial Officer
Dover Chemical Corporation (www.doverchem.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of ICC Industries Inc. (“ICC”) in New York, is a leading producer of alkylphenols, chlorinated paraffins, polymer additives, liquid and solid antioxidants (including organophosphites), flame retardants, additives for water-based and oil-based metalworking fluids and drilling fluid additives. Manufacturing facilities are located in Dover, Ohio and Hammond, Indiana.
Dover Chemical is seeking a Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) at its headquarters in Dover, Ohio.
Reporting to the President of Dover Chemical Corporation and the Chief Financial Officer of ICC, the CFO will direct the financial operation, information systems, and human resources functions of the organization, and integrate its administrative systems and processes into unified support of the organization’s operations.
The CFO will work closely with the President and the senior management team, as well as with management of ICC, in monitoring, analyzing and improving the operating results of the Company. S/he will implement the infrastructure systems needed to support the business over the next 5 to 10 years. S/he will continually evaluate best industry practices in comparison to internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities. The goal is to build a level of sophistication that enables continued innovation as the organization continues its growth, to support increasingly complex demands, and yet remain true to the organization’s culture.
The CFO will have overall financial and administrative management responsibility, including review and approval of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting material and metrics to the President, senior management and ICC. S/he will oversee general and cost accounting, budgeting, financial forecasting and cash flow and will oversee coordination of audit activities. This executive will also have direct management responsibility for information technology and human resources while interacting frequently with counterparts in operations, sales, and other parts of the organization in exercising administrative leadership and management responsibilities.
The executive will serve as a business partner to the President on the organization’s financial and administrative processes, with the goal of continuously developing and improving the performance of the Company. The CFO will oversee the reporting of accurate, timely and meaningful data and analysis which management and the parent Company can understand and rely upon on to analyze and grow the business and assess business opportunities.
Primary accountabilities include financial and operational management, strategy, team management, administration, and risk management.
Key responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing financial leadership to the organization to drive better business results and operating efficiencies.
- Mentoring, coaching, teaching and assisting the financial, IT and human resource staff.
- Serving as a key resource in responding to questions and information requests from all levels of the organization.
- Assuming overall responsibilities for the accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and forecasting, cash management and also for the planning, development and implementation of effective accounting policies and procedures and internal control systems.
- Designing and implementing an accurate, timely and relevant management reporting system, in which key business performance and decisions can be based.
- Establish process for reviewing/reporting of Plant manufacturing variances and corrective actions to optimize performance
- Oversee environmental compliance with all applicable Governmental rules and regulations
- Prime leadership role in the ongoing development of Dover’s strategic planning process as well as establishing KPI’s in support of the plan and reporting results.
- Direct preparation & authorship of the complete year-end audit report for the independent external auditors to include the annual audit report and all supporting audit schedules.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Dover Chemical’s strategic plan.
- Ensuring that the accounting practices are in compliance with all relevant accounting standards and the Company’s values and practices.
- Approving, monitoring and controlling operating and capital spending.
- Monitoring and analyzing operational performance.
- Monitoring and valuing inventory with the objective of increasing inventory turns.
- Overseeing the credit and collection process with the goal of reducing receivable write-offs and reducing receivable days outstanding.
- In conjunction with ICC, helping to structure and negotiate financing terms and maintaining excellent banking relations that support the organization’s current and future borrowing requirements.
- Risk management and safe guarding of Company assets, including maintaining sufficient Insurance coverage for all aspects for Dover Chemical, including liability & casualty, property, workers comp, pollution, umbrella and environmental. Structure, market and negotiate the business insurance program for the Company.
- Assisting in the evaluation of potential acquisitions and in the due diligence, negotiation and integration processes.
- Analyzing and setting the direction of ERP, data security and disaster recovery systems for the Company.
- Exercising overall management responsibility for the human resources function.
- Utilizing all available data to analyze business issues and making recommendations to management.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience:
- At least 15 years of financial and administrative management experience of which at least 5 years is as CFO of a $200 million plus manufacturing organization or business unit. Chemical industry preferred.
- Experience should include contract negotiation, audit, strategic planning, and budget.
- Excellent financial reporting, general and cost accounting knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of business law as it relates to finance and credit.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technological savvy, with experience overseeing information technology function.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) proficiency.
- At least 5 years’ experience in overseeing the management of Human Resources within an organization of 150 employees or greater.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and problem solving ability.
- Proven effectiveness in managing and developing others.
- Ability to serve as a strong and confident partner to the Dover President and the Chief Financial Officer of ICC.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and to reassess plans in the face of new information.
- Ability to delegate and execute results.
- Proven willingness to take a participatory approach to management and be a team player.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Familiarity with Sigma Six and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or MBA in accounting, finance or management a plus.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in a challenging, yet rewarding opportunity, please send your resume and compensation requirements in today!!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
ICC IndustriesDover, OH
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.