Do you bring a strategic leadership background? Do you understand accounting and finance? Do you bring 5+ years’ experience in the Behavioral Health industry? If so, we would like to speak with you.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
What you will be doing
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate the introduction of new programs and strategies.
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and management as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operational needs.
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- Provides leadership and direction to managers and staff on daily basis.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and prepares an operating business plan.
- Insures compliance to accreditation standards and requirements, as well as any federal, state, or local certifying and licensure bodies.
- Ensures staff in services and training programs are implemented and followed.
- Participates in establishment of structures, bylaws, policies and procedures that allow the professional staff to effectively carry out duties and functions.
- Facilitates daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual meetings as required or scheduled.
- Participates in treatment program changes and developments, meets and confers with clinical team, Physicians and standing committees to formulate treatment policies and management of resources.
- Participates in ongoing supervision of clients and insures that their needs are met.
- Ensures the referral source management process is delivered accurately and timely. Communicate with business development team as necessary.
- Serves as liaison with medical and psychiatric consultants. Ensure quality medical care is being rendered.
- Participates in public relations efforts and state/national professional organizations.
- Partners and communicates with call center daily to ensure admission process is managed effectively and accurately.
- Develops facility master staffing guide in conjunction with Chief Operating Officer.
- Develops cost containment ideas for facility.
- Approves all expenditures for facility departments as outlined in annual budget.
- Partners with Human Resource department to review and approve facility job descriptions and ensure timely performance evaluations on staff.
- Sit on interview panel for prospective employees.
- Review all incident reports weekly to assess risk management.
- Develops, implements, documents and participates in performance improvement program.
- Provides direct supervision through use of performance competency process and scheduled supervision.
- Responsible and accountable for managing direct reports.
- Preparation and presentation of performance evaluations.
- Provides objective feedback to employees.
- Makes appropriate compensation recommendations, if applicable.
- Provides appropriate training for department and hold staff accountable for attending required training.
- Holds interviews for vacant positions and makes appropriately selects candidates to fill open positions.
- Responsible for recommending and ensuring regulatory staffing patterns & managing annual budget.
- Monitors adherence to company and department policies, procedures and practices.
- Creates and supports a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment free work environment by understanding and complying with the company's policies.
Your Qualifications / Skills
- 5+ years of experience in the Behavioral Health Industry preferred
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Accounting and finance experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR and documentation
- Strong knowledge of policy and procedures
Integrity – Position requires being honest and ethical
Analytical Thinking - You’ll have to analyze info/data and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
Attention to Detail – The position thrives on details; you’ll need to be thorough in completing work tasks
Dependability – It goes without saying that you’ll need to be reliable, responsible, and dependable in order to fulfill work obligations
Stress Tolerance – you’ll have to be comfortable accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations Working Conditions
- Full-time, 40+ hours per week
- All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance-based incentives, medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Unsolicited resumes from search firms will not be honored as valid. Consequently, we politely ask agencies not to solicit our business managers directly as well. Thank you in advance.
Why Work Here?
Great benefits, a pleasant atmosphere, and a growing team that needs you to complete it!