Coach for Partial Work Inclusion Center
ICAN California Abilities Network Torrance, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance
- Must be able to consistently arrive on time
- Must be able to multitask and work independently with clients
- Must be able to meet schedules and deadlines
- Must be an organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and dependable individual
- Must follow all the rules and regulations listed in ICAN’s Policy and Procedures Manual and ICAN’s Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Must be comfortable working with and directly caring for people with developmental disabilities in a group setting, whether in a controlled environment or in the community
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Must have a high school diploma from a recognized, accredited high school (No GED)
- Six months experience working with people with disabilities preferred but not required
- Must have computer skills, preferably including the use of Mac Products, Excel, Word, Pages, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Must have adequate typing skills
- Must be fluent in English and have basic English writing and grammar skills
- Bilingual in Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or ASL a plus
Licenses and Other Requirements
- Must have reliable transportation. Must have a private vehicle, a valid California Driver’s License or valid driver’s license from another state at the time of interview and throughout employment with a clean three-year driving record. Proof of current California automobile liability insurance at the time of interview and throughout employment, and current car registration required. (The Communications Manager must never transport clients in his or her private vehicle.)
- Must have the ability to pass tuberculosis skin test and submit to a fingerprint clearance through LiveScan before starting employment
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or be willing to complete CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be CPI certified or willing to complete prevention-first training at hire
- If driving company vehicles, must maintain a valid California driver’s license and personal auto liability insurance throughout employment. Must also submit to a DMV background check.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Having dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard office and computer equipment
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 70 pounds including pushing a wheelchair
- Transferring an individual with little or no weight-bearing skills
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching to assist clients
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally
- Working in indoor and outdoor environments, as well as traveling
- Maintaining visual contact with the clients at all times, except when the clients are using the restroom facilities.
- Providing small group instruction and assistance to the clients during their activities.
- Engaging in interactive conversations with clients that encourage opportunities for growth in defining, developing and implementing the clients’ goals.
- Keeping cell phones on and within reach throughout club time to be able to receive communication from the administrative team. (Cell phones should only be used for ICAN use during work hours.)
- Maintaining all required client documentation by completing case notes before the end of your shift. Case notes must be submitted with correct grammar and spelling, or they may be returned. Case notes should take an average of ten minutes per client.
- Cleaning spaces used by clubs before leaving for the day.
- Reporting any unusual incidents, concerning behavior, or suspected abuse to the program manager or assistant manager immediately.
- Driving company vehicles as directed to transport clients to club locations, which requires use of defensive driving techniques and stay focused on the road at all times.
- Maintaining secure possession of ICAN cash allowances, company credit cards, and copies of receipts for all purchases, to be turned in at the end of the day.
- Participating in the preparing and executing of the weekly schedule of activities and lesson plans.
- Participating in team meetings as directed.
- Writing the lesson plans for the activities of multiple clubs in the ICAN Day Program by given schedules and deadlines. These activities should provide experience with everyday living skills according to each client’s ICAN day program goals and objectives.
- Providing positive role modeling to clients and ICAN community.
- Maintaining positive and cooperative working relationships with clients, guardians, coworkers and ICAN staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Part Time: 26-32 hours per week
- Full Time arrangements available
- $15 to $17 per hour
- Contribution to group medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick leave (24 hours per year) and paid vacation leave (PT: up to 40 hours per year, FT: 80 hours per year)
Monday through Friday
8:45am to 2:45pm or 1pm to 6:30pm
ICAN California Abilities Network
EducationView all jobs at ICAN California Abilities Network