Loan Resolution Representative (Fitchburg, Main Office)
IC Federal Credit Union Fitchburg, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are
Our commitment is to help our members to achieve their goals and dreams by providing exceptional service and acting as a guide, so they never miss a step. Life is an adventure, and we are honored to provide personalized solutions to get people to (or through) whatever comes their way. It’s the IC promise!
As a Loan Resolution Representative, you will help members resolve delinquency issues using a variety of solutions to reach a mutually agreed upon payment plan to settle existing past due accounts. You will work with members on a daily basis, managing multiple delinquent accounts including Direct and Indirect Auto, Credit Cards, Personal Loans as well as Checking account charge off balances. This position assumes responsibility for the control of delinquent loan accounts and pending reminders. Follows up on delinquent loan accounts and maintains accurate records.
What You’ll Do
- Contacts delinquent members by telephone and via mail or meet with members who come into the office who need assistance. Determines the reason for default and takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Make recommendations on appropriate action on those accounts that cannot be reached, or on which satisfactory agreements cannot be made.
- Assist members with total loss and GAP insurance claims.
- Performs research on member disputes.
- Performs skip-tracing functions.
- Files skip claims with insurance companies.
- Sends repossession notices to members and maintains an inventory of repossessed property.
- Basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Products.
- Assists members with problem resolutions including loan extensions with approval.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties relative to collections and other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table
- High school diploma or equivalent with specialized courses and or seminars in collections law and procedures.
- One to three years of related experience in a credit union or other financial institution.
- Knowledge of collections laws and procedures, personal computer operation, basic credit analysis and credit counseling.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including the ability to counsel, persuade and make decisions as required.
You display the following qualities:
- Attention to Detail
- Negotiation Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving
We value work-life balance
- Birthday bonus and paid day off
- Generous paid time off, including the day after Thanksgiving and early closures on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Paid family medical leave
We take care of our employees
- Robust benefits package: medical, FSA, dependent care, dental, and vision available
- Voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, identity theft protection, voluntary life, accidental insurance
- 401k with company match
- Annual discretionary profit sharing
- Annual clothing allowance for branded company apparel
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community
- And much, much more!
We like to have fun
- Monthly fun days and awareness months, such as ice cream day and Pride month
- Company outings
- Company holiday party
- Holiday contests
*Click on attachment for full job description.
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, ability to move from floor to floor, filing, removing files, bending, climbing, and moving heavy objects up to 25 pounds.
IC Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA, is an Equal Housing Lender and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
IC Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at IC Federal Credit Union