. The DBA will create and administer database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability. Specific responsibilities include:
All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
24x7 rotational on-call support, including driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews.
Change management including maintenance of multiple development, staging, and production environments. Responsible for deploying approved changes to production.
Proactive database monitoring and issue resolution. Specific professional experience and expertise with Idera database tools.
Database optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise database systems enhancements to meet business requirements. Participate in project design and SQL Server database design decisions.
Develop and implement Database security policies and procedures, in line with organizational objectives.
Responsible for evaluating patch releases and patching requests from development, and communicating constraints, issues, and timelines for deployment.
Requires a depth and breadth of database knowledge that will help with formal design of relational databases and provides insight into strategic data manipulation. Database Architect capabilities with 6+ years of experience, independently designs and builds relational databases. Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Cleans and maintains the database by removing and deleting old data. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Service Ownership Responsibilities
• Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on the technical aspects of the application or service when asked by peers, management, or Divisional partners for information or status.
• Validate that the application or service is available or unavailable in the event of a critical service disruption.
• Assist with troubleshooting the application or service upon request or when activated through the DOJ DR or critical incident response plans.
• Define recommendations for application-specific upgrades, releases, and compliance with DOJ quality standards, including security, high availability, and performance.
• Respond to the on-call phone for incidents
• Respond to the on-call staff
Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2017
SQL Server 2012
SQL server database administration expertise