Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Watson Health Senior Software Engineer, Kubernetes
Preferred location: Chicago, IL (Preferred); Hartland, WI; Cambridge, MA;
We are a software engineering team within IBM Watson Health Imaging working on platform services utilized by Watson Health Imaging AI products. Our products use AI to analyze patient medical data including medical images to make radiologists' and cardiologists' work more efficient; deployed in highly available Kubernetes cluster with stringent SLA expectations.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with significant experience in Docker, Kubernetes to join our team. You will play a significant role in contributing to definition and implementation of Kubernetes platform strategy for Watson Health Imaging. You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies in fast paced agile environment.
- Perform product development in accordance with Watson Health Imaging methodology and practices.
- Develop, maintain, modify and support software code; create unit, acceptance and integration tests for software code collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Maintain highly available Kubernetes cluster for Watson Health Imaging AI product development activities
- Automate deployment to multiple environments following CI/CD practices
- Keep up with industry trends with docker, Kubernetes, monitoring tools for Kubernetes and contribute to evolving platform strategy
- 5 plus years hands-on experience developing enterprise scale web solutions
- 3 plus years of full-stack development experience with Java
- 3 plus years of experience developing APIs , web services
- Ability to design and implement end-to-end container management solution with Kubernetes
- Good understanding of hardware, operating system, virtualization platforms and middleware components frequently used for cloud deployment like RHEL, CentOS, VMware
- Proficiency in docker, containerization technologies, monitoring and alerting tools for Kubernetes
- Experience developing microservices targeting Kubernetes with stringent security, reliability and performance requirements
- Proficient with internal and operations of Kubernetes service discovery tools
- Proficient with internal and operations of Kubernetes networking tools
- Experience automating deployment using ansible or other similar tools
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience working with Jira, Git
- Working knowledge of GoLang, Python
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra and messaging queue like kafka
- Ability to rapidly come up to speed on a complex server environment
- Experience working with medical imaging, medical devices, common healthcare information protocols and standards such as HL7, FHIR, DICOM, XDS
- Experience working in healthcare technology environment handling sensitive data protected by HIPAA
- Certifications relevant to cloud deployment, Kubernetes
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.