At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Working under moderate supervision the role of the Hemo Senior Clinical Support Specialist is to provide advanced clinical support and act as an escalation resources for internal and external customers in the support of Merge Healthcare products. A person in this role must be comfortable prioritizing, tracking, and managing multiple issues concurrently and must display high levels of initiative, commitment, follow-thru, and effective customer communications.
Essential Job Duties
- Interact with customer, Merge, and third-party resources to define, prioritize, investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Follow department procedures on managing and escalating customer issues.
- Provide regular updates to customers on outstanding issues.
- Proactively look for ways to improve not only the product but the customer experience and will be responsible for providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Be an advocate for the customer on issues of functionality, usability, and performance.
- Be an advocate for the customer and Merge Support to Engineering and Product Management on issues of prioritization and serviceability.
- Transfer clinical and application knowledge to the members of the L1, L2 and L3 teams. This will be thru a combination of one-on-one and group interactions/training, authoring of knowledgebase articles, etc. Analyze incidents for frequency and trending.
- Pursues a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education.
- Identifies and communicates possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Willingness to rapidly acquire proficiency in new product technologies and function.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a professional and personable demeanor who thrives in a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable parts and define approaches to issue resolution.
- Effective team player that can also work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to mentor and train others on your areas of expertise.
- 1+ years of support or implementation of Merge Hemodynamics
- 3+ years clinical hospital experience preferred
- General understanding of Cardiology/hospital enterprise workflow.
- Understanding of Cardiology/hospital stakeholders and their roles and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of the Merge Hemo and Merge UDR product lines.
- Experience in MS Access, SQL, and general computer network technology.
- 2+ years of support or implementation of Merge Hemodynamics
- 4+ years clinical hospital experience preferred
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.