Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Here at Watson Health, we're looking for internally motivated, multi-talented resources to tackle some of the health insurance industry's most challenging problems using industry leading IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence technology. As a Full Stack Cognitive Developer or Senior Developer, you will work with healthcare clients and IBM healthcare SMEs to design, develop, and implement emerging solutions using Watson Cognitive / Artificial Intelligence. Our solutions help our clients to digitally reinvent their strategy and operations, driving greater efficiency and the transformation of their entire enterprise through cognitive insights. Our practice allows you to grow in this "Hyper Growth" area and work directly with clients, building a powerful portfolio of diverse and rewarding experiences.
- Design and develop world-class cognitive-enabled conversation solutions using Watson Assistant and other leading AI technologies
- Works with client-facing team and health insurance clients to define their Cognitive / AI low-level requirements; able to communicate solution design and product capabilities.
- Leads or participates in Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery and/or Watson Studio development in agile client-facing environment; develops dialogs, utterances, intents, and synonyms using Watson Assistant, integrates to back-end SOE
- Develop and communicate technical requirements to UI and back-end services implementation teams and implement Watson Assistant solution component to work correctly with both the UI and back-end services.
- Interfaces with the client during playback sessions to revise and refine training and design; recommends client configuration and design modification based on analysis and client need
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues; performs validation and quality assurance; supports related go-live activities
- Active in Watson API product communities to understand new features and functions and implement immediately when applicable
- Interfaces with product team in the development of Watson Assistant for Health Benefits (WA4HB) and introduces new requirements for the product roadmap
- Continually looks to grow and develop new skills and determine their fit or applicability to the overall solution
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with Watson Assistant, Watson Conversation Services, or other conversational AI (level commensurate with experience)
- 1+ year of experience writing HTML and ReactJS/NodeJS
- 1+ year of demonstrated expertise in successful project execution
- 1+ year of experience with various development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Iterative, Waterfall) in Software Development Life Cycle management
- Demonstrated behaviors of self-motivation, invention, agility, creativity, and the ability to make things happen in a rapid development environment
- Ability to travel, 50%
- 1+ years consulting experience with the health insurance industry in a developer role
- 5+ years of demonstrated expertise in successful large project/build management and execution
- 2+ years exposure to healthcare terminology and unique development requirements associated with working in a high security industry
- Hands-on experience developing with additional Watson APIs (Watson Assistant/ Watson Conversation Service, Watson Discovery Services, Watson Knowledge Studio, Watson Tone Analyzer, Watson Speech to Text, Watson Text to Speech, IBM Voice Gateway, Watson Natural Language Understanding, Watson Natural Language Classifiers)
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.