Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Acoustic (in support of IBM) is looking for a strong user experience designer to join a fast paced, start-up like environment. Ideal design candidates have some understanding of the marketing automation and analytics domain or have a strong desire to learn. Designers are expected to build a solid foundation of understanding informed by user expectations, business strategy, industry trends and the competitive landscape and then identify differentiating ways to solve user problem sand deliver user value.
Designers will be responsible for creating UI design deliverables including user flows, wire frames, lo-fi and hi-fi sketches,and prototypes and must collaborate closely with development, offering management, peer UX designers, content designers, user research and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and deliver outcomes against aggressive timelines. Designers will be also expected to engage with customers and industry users to pursue customer satisfaction, capture feedback and validate designs.
Preferred Location: Atlanta,GA; San Francisco, CA; or Any US City
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3 years of experience in User experience design, UI/Visual design or related field
- Foundation and understanding of Design thinking practices
- Proficiency in design software (e.g.Sketch, InVision, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of responsive design, design systems and grid principles
- Experience creating user flows, lo/hi fidelity designs and prototypes
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Problem-solving aptitude, business acumen and a natural curiosity for how experiences come together
- Extremely proactive; takes personal ownership for producing positive results
- Interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires independent self-direction,Excellent time management,attention to detail and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- A team player with experience working in an Agile development process
- A portfolio of successful UX, Visual design deliverables
- Communication and presentation skills; experience presenting complex ideas to clients and colleagues in compelling and actionable ways; fluent in English.
- Masters degree in Design, or similar field
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.