At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
********This person may sit in EITHER Emeryville, CA or RTP/Raleigh-Durham, NC********
Our patented, Emmy award-winning FASP protocol is at the core of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Originally conceptualized and developed by the legacy Aspera organization, this offering fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Integrated with IBM's enterprise capabilities, the result is unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability.
We are seeking a smart, experienced Technical Support Engineer with broad knowledge of Windows/Unix, application software, and IP networks to provide support, network troubleshooting, and light software integration services to our enterprise customers. But that's not all...
Who You Are
Do you possess some basic programming skills, but looking to take your career to the next level through skills development and technical support engineering? GOOD - you're whom we're seeking for this hybrid role that converges in the realms of system administration, technical support and junior-level development. As a part of a worldwide support team, you will collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers and other functions such as Engineering, Architecture, QA, Product Management, Delivery and Sales to support and contribute to the solutions we provide. We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility.
Here's what you'll do...
- Troubleshoot issues (networking, web apps, operating system, file system and user management) in the deployment of high-speed file transfer software in enterprise environments; typically by phone, email and/or web meetings.
- Build expert understanding of our software solution and answer questions from customers and prospects about the features and capabilities of the software and SDK.
- Develop custom scripts, web tools, and custom technical explanations to support customers
- Document and track customer cases from issue to resolution
- Properly level-set and manage customer expectations through the resolution process, ensuring that technical issues are understood, addressed and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Participate in an on-call rotation throughout the year.
\#perl @caffeinate_adam @IBMCloud @IBMintegration #IBMToday @IBMIoT #aspera
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Self-motivated, and approaching your work with an attitude of quality, dedication, flexibility and thoroughness, your verbal and written communication skills enable you to develop and present your ideas clearly to team members, customers, and leadership. Additionally, you'll possess at least 5+ years' experience with the following...
- Developing AND/OR supporting software systems
- Experience with CRMs (preferably Salesforce) and bug & incident/ticket tracking systems.
- Basic web server (Apache or IIS) OR database server (MySQL) administration
- Experience with virtualization software
- Analytical with strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through practices
- Strong scripting skills, such as Unix shell, Windows batch, Perl, Ruby or Python
- MCSE certifications are a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a self-starter, non-hierarchical environment including independently initiating, organizing and executing needed work.
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory/Group Policy, LDAP, SAML, SSO, etc.
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.